Insurance in parks? Registration?
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Insurance in parks? Registration?

  1. #1
    WMRC Past Prez three time Array NFG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Yamaha RD350LC Race Bike (Sold!)/ Yamaha XS1100 /YSR 50 Street and Race / Two 50cc Pocket Bikes / Honda Z50/ Yamaha BWS 50 (Sold!) /Yamaha MX100/ Yamaha YZ250/ Husqvarna 430 / a few projects in parts....

    Insurance in parks? Registration?

    So a buddy of mine was out by Chipmunk (or so he says) and was asked if he had insurance on his dirt bike by a warden. He didn't but was allowed to ride anyway. An other camper with a dirt bike told my buddy about some insurance he had that covered him for one million liability.

    Any of you lot know what this is all about? I knew that the Government was looking at a registration program but heard it was still in the works. Last thing I want is to cop a fine and wreck a good day in the dirt.....
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

    "I guarantee that it will start, and I guarantee that it
    will blow up. I cannot guarantee the time between those two events."

    "....those who go for broke often get there...."

    "Buy in Haste, Repent at Leisure."

  2. Remove Advertisements

  3. #2
    Ride Solo Array GSP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    The 'Wack
    SV track, VFR road
    My neighbour has a few ATVs and tells me that you need a minimum amount of liability insurance to operate an ATV on a forest service road. I'd imagine the same would be true of dirt bikes?
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

    WMRC #96 (retired)

  4. #3
    Registered User Array rgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    On the river.
    My what?
    These guys are good.

    If you ride on any government land / forest service roads, you need a minimum of one million liability. This goes for dirt bikes, quads, snow mobiles etc.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

  5. #4
    Registered User Array trevuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Maple Ridge
    06 wr 450 yellow yammimoto
    check out it has all the info you are asking about, you will need a platinum pass! it gives 1mil liability
    Last edited by trevuki; 06-29-2010 at 09:22 PM.

  6. #5
    Snowboard Bum Array zacm7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Port Moody
    2005 zx10r
    i know in ontario we needed liability to ride on crown land but MX parks/tracks or private property you dont.

  7. #6
    Ride to live Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    You need a license and insurance to ride on any public land. Class 5 for ATV, 6 for 2 wheeler, and I think it is $200,000 liability. There is also speed limits - 80km/h I believe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts