Aftermarket Temperature Gauges

Thread: Aftermarket Temperature Gauges

Two Letters to Special Array Tunderslimer's Avatar
    Bike
    DRZ400-SM

Aftermarket Temperature Gauges

Hey guys, have any of you tried an aftermarket temperature gauge? I'm looking for a digital one that I can somehow install. I've not seen many online except for inline ATV ones... which I don't want. I want something up near my speedo. I'll be installing it on an 07 Husky 610SM. I'm not sure the rad fan works... I've never seen it run and it's been damn hot out lately. So I'd like to know where the cooling system is actually running at.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    KTM 990R ADV, KTM 450SM, KTM 450 SX,KTM 300XC and other :)
    I have only had my fan come on once. This was while doing a toy run here in Kamloops in 40 degree heat. Other than that it's been a paperweight on my bike.....now it's a paperweight in my toolbox as it's extra weight and IMO if it's not coming on all the time it's just blocking airflow through the right rad anyways.

If you are looking for a temp guage try Trail tech and see what they might have to offer as a stand alone temp unit.

I know they have one that works with their Vapor unit but calling them might help as they can point you in the direction of something else that will work as a stand alone unit.

Sorry if it wasn't much help but in SM form these bikes are getting plenty of airflow vs their dirt brother 610 that may or may not benefit from the fan....just my opinion and I'm wrong 75% of the time ...every time.

Endurocross, Try it! Array KTMCanuck's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS, 2001 ZX6R, 2008 KTM 250 XCF, 2005 KTM 450 SMC, 2007 Yami 230 TTR, 1980 125 watercooled Can-Am MXer
    Hi,

You might be interested in this one from Trail-tech.

http://trailtech.net/tto_temperature.html
    AMA #737
    WORCS #637
    CMA #737

Sponsors:

DeCalWorks
    Choice Hotels
    M2R
    Utopia Goggles
    Motofuel
    Twin Air
    Driven Racing
    O'Neal

Bike
    DRZ400-SM
    Thanks guys, that Trailtech one is reasonably priced and exactly what I was looking for.

Bike
    DRZ400-SM
    PS. I was using my 610 to light up my bbq camping this weekend... and after a bit the fan was cycling normally. haha