where did smokeshow go?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: where did smokeshow go?

Registered User Array smokeshow81's Avatar
    Bike
    Looking

where did smokeshow go?

Not that anyone cares but I thought I'd let you all in how my past few weeks have been going.

Finally I landed a class 1 job... being as broke as I was I pawned off my Xbox and games, my wii, my welder, and a 280dollar snap on double flare kit.

I left town with 380 dollars in my pocket and headed for Fort Nelson... 200 dollars in gas and 17hrs later with a 2hr rest in williams lake and I arrived. I'm driving a western star m1000 15spd truck with a belly dump on the back doing road repairs to the sierra yoyo desan highway which starts at the alaska highway just before fort nelson and heads for hundreds of kms into the territories.

Come november, december and january I'll be building the ice roads with one of our water trucks. Coin for the latter 2 months is close to 10grand before taxes. Can only imagine how much the government will take.

For wage info if your wondering... 22hr with overtime after 8 (I've always had to fight for that) The boss is banking 3.50hr for 6 months as well. After 3 months I'll be getting 25hr with the 3.50bonus and then after the 6month I'll be at the 28.50 wage. All in all not a bad start for a guy who wrote off his bike, took the insurance money and got the cheapest Class 1 course availible @1300 passed my road test and took almost 2 months to lock down a new driver job.

Currently staying in a hostel in ft. nelson when in town and I just got back from 2 days on the hygrade hwy airport camp which is 188km up the S.Y.D. hwy (it's dirt from 30kms) and another 17kms up the hygrade hwy.

Gotta say i love my job but hate having to leave my family in town.

If anyone is pursuing a similar route then goto: jobsearchonline.bc.ca
    It's the local northern job posting site.

Have fun guys... it's nothing but clouds and daylight 24/7 up here.
    Young Drivers of Canada - class 5
    Cyclelogics - class 6
    Benji's Driving School - class 1
    Find me on skype: shawn radakovich

Bike
    Glad things are working good for you.

Cheers!!
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Bike
    Ninja 1000
    Sounds like things are working out just fine. Glad the money is good. Can you pave us some nice sport bike roads up there? banked corners please.

The bird is the word! Array Iceman's Avatar
    Bike
    07 Yamaha R6
    I was worried there for a while.
    Missed the drama revolving around you. glad you're back
    Hardware : Me :: Bacon : Homer Simpson

Dinkin Flicka...

Back in the saddle Array canuckerstone's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja ZX7R
    Good luck dude!
    '02 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R

They're professionals when it comes to emptying a pocket book so if you decide to go that route remember that you are not paying them to be with you.

You're paying them to leave.

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    Bike
    a few toys
    Good on ya for taking the initiative to get your drivers course and stick with the job hunt. Sometimes the hardest part is to get that first job and your foot in the door. Now gaining experience will be easy for you. Enjoy the high country, you'll get to see lots of stuff that most folks don't.
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

Bike
    k7 gsxr 600
    Sounds like an adventure to say the least. Stay safe!
    BCSB- Moderator

WMRC Past Prez three time Array NFG's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha RD350LC Race Bike (Sold!)/ Yamaha XS1100 /YSR 50 Street and Race / Two 50cc Pocket Bikes / Honda Z50/ Yamaha BWS 50 (Sold!) /Yamaha MX100/ Yamaha YZ250/ Husqvarna 430 / a few projects in parts....
    Big cheques with big taxes suck. First two monthes of this year I was dragging down massive money. My pay cheques were on average $6400 every two weeks. Taxman nabbed me for big coin. Then it slowed down so I will see some of that back. Come Jan I will be back at it again.

Good luck out there. Play safe and avoid the drugs, booze and gambling. I have a few friends that got fucked up when the money came rolling in. Remember you are there to work and make money. Keep your focus and you will do well.
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

"I guarantee that it will start, and I guarantee that it
    will blow up. I cannot guarantee the time between those two events."

"....those who go for broke often get there...."

"Buy in Haste, Repent at Leisure."

Registered User Array Ride4Life's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 suzuki gsx650f
    aww, this was boring, i wanted old smoke! man, i am going back to read old posts to get my fix!

Registered User Array Frank Einstein's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 Honda X15RRR4000BTU Space Comander..I just call her "Chopper"!
    Great for you Smoke...hope things continue in a positive way.
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow81 View Post
    Not that anyone cares but I thought I'd let you all in how my past few weeks have been going.

Finally I landed a class 1 job... being as broke as I was I pawned off my Xbox and games, my wii, my welder, and a 280dollar snap on double flare kit.

I left town with 380 dollars in my pocket and headed for Fort Nelson... 200 dollars in gas and 17hrs later with a 2hr rest in williams lake and I arrived. I'm driving a western star m1000 15spd truck with a belly dump on the back doing road repairs to the sierra yoyo desan highway which starts at the alaska highway just before fort nelson and heads for hundreds of kms into the territories.

Come november, december and january I'll be building the ice roads with one of our water trucks. Coin for the latter 2 months is close to 10grand before taxes. Can only imagine how much the government will take.

For wage info if your wondering... 22hr with overtime after 8 (I've always had to fight for that) The boss is banking 3.50hr for 6 months as well. After 3 months I'll be getting 25hr with the 3.50bonus and then after the 6month I'll be at the 28.50 wage. All in all not a bad start for a guy who wrote off his bike, took the insurance money and got the cheapest Class 1 course availible @1300 passed my road test and took almost 2 months to lock down a new driver job.

Currently staying in a hostel in ft. nelson when in town and I just got back from 2 days on the hygrade hwy airport camp which is 188km up the S.Y.D. hwy (it's dirt from 30kms) and another 17kms up the hygrade hwy.

Gotta say i love my job but hate having to leave my family in town.

If anyone is pursuing a similar route then goto: jobsearchonline.bc.ca
    It's the local northern job posting site.

Have fun guys... it's nothing but clouds and daylight 24/7 up here.
    My brain is the same shape as my hat!

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    Bike
    a few toys
    Quote Originally Posted by NFG View Post
    ...Good luck out there. Play safe and avoid the drugs, booze and gambling. I have a few friends that got fucked up when the money came rolling in. Remember you are there to work and make money. Keep your focus and you will do well.

Very sage advice!!
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

Noob-but-not-born-ystrday Array redv's Avatar
    Bike
    09 Harley VRSCF
    Nice to hear! Good luck and I hope you do well.

You've already had to work hard to get to that point - keep it up and you'll do great.
    "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid." -John Wayne

Bike
    Blue 2008 R1
    Congrats .
    Make sure the money goes home, there are too many (young) guys that manage to spend it all in a single weekend.
    Keep your ears open for your next, even better paying, trucking job op there, because $28 is peanuts. A friend of mine, with the same minimal trucking experience, was making $50/hr within half a year after he moved to a second and than his third company.
    Good luck up there.
    "Teach me to do it myself" Dr. Maria Montessori (1870-1952)

BCSB # 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937. ..

independent Amsoil dealer Array chromedome's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Harley Nightrain
    Peter Kiewet pays pretty good as well. Some guys that used to work for us went on with Kiewet. By the end of June one of them had made just over $68k driving the Hydro vac truck(class 3 ) .If you get on with the right company you can make some killer coin. The Hydro vac trucks pay pretty decent. I run those trucks as well for a living at a different company and we are at $32.08 an hour with overtime everyday.

This space for rent Array Stiffler's Mom's Avatar
    Bike
    2003 Yamaha R6
    Best of luck, Smoke. Hope all works out for you.
    - Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!!