Children on the sidewalk

Thread: Children on the sidewalk

Is it winter yet ? Array SidewaysInto3rd's Avatar
    Bike
    93 Kat 750

Children on the sidewalk

Went for a casual cruise through stanley park yesterday to cool off from being in the sun all day and learned that, just because you make eye contact with a kid on the sidewalk to make sure he sees you coming, it doesn't mean the little f*cker doesn't find it hilarious to hide behind a car and run out in front of you to watch you slam on your brakes

I guess Darwin had the day off yesterday (thankfully)

So what does his mom do ? nothing, just calls the kid back over and keeps walking.

I gave him a stink eye and shook my finger..

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array 4wheelsLESS's Avatar
    Bike
    Only U see my ride
    Quote Originally Posted by SidewaysInto3rd View Post
    Went for a casual cruise through stanley park yesterday to cool off from being in the sun all day and learned that, just because you make eye contact with a kid on the sidewalk to make sure he sees you coming, it doesn't mean the little f*cker doesn't find it hilarious to hide behind a car and run out in front of you to watch you slam on your brakes

I guess Darwin had the day off yesterday (thankfully)

So what does his mom do ? nothing, just calls the kid back over and keeps walking.

I gave him a stink eye and shook my finger..
    Hope your ride was most enjoyable and that little one didn't ruin it for ya. Rest assure that you did contribute greatly in your own way and I hope the kid learn the reality of life and to expect motorcyclists such as noble as yourself!

Happy Riding!

medicated 4 ur protection Array syncro's Avatar
    Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    If it happened to you just like you say it did then I would have phoned the cops to give the mother and the kid a good talking to. I then would have talked to the mother myself to let her know how dangerous and stupid her kids actions were for two reasons.

1. An inexperienced rider may have panicked in that situation, dumped the bike an gotten hurt.

2. Do that to the wrong guy and the kid might get a beating.
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Bike
    Ninja 1000
    Sounds like the regular amount of BS when riding through the city. Not much you could do about it if something did happen. You would be the guilty until proven innocent motorcycle rider.

Is it winter yet ? Array SidewaysInto3rd's Avatar
    Bike
    93 Kat 750
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    If it happened to you just like you say it did then I would have phoned the cops to give the mother and the kid a good talking to. I then would have talked to the mother myself to let her know how dangerous and stupid her kids actions were for two reasons.
    I would've.. except it was 8:55 pm and I had to be home before turning into a pumpkin at sunset. I sometimes get jealous of Cinderella, she got till midnight to be out.

From N00bie to Wannabe Array FASTn50's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 VFR 800A (Red!) 2006 CFR 450X (Red!) 2012 Ninja 250R (Red!) 2012 BMW F800GS (Blue/White)
    Unless you're looking for a parking spot you might be wise to ride in lane position 3 of the left lane so a little kid, squirl, duck, dog, rollerblader or a car can't just pop out in front of you!
    Just sayin...
    All my Mistresses have two round, sticky black feet and are Made in Japan or Germany!
    If I die on Phillip Island, so what! I'm already in Heaven! WOOHOOO!!!

Flieger sind Sieger! Array
    Bike
    04 Supersquid 750
    My advice? Avoid Stanley Park in the summer, it's a gong show.

Bike
    SV650s street, Ninja 250r track
    Ya I had a moron this weekend trying to look like he was about to jump in front of my bike while my girlfriend was on the back on commercial street. People are so fucking stupid sometimes.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Quote Originally Posted by VTwinVince View Post
    My advice? Avoid Stanley Park in the summer during the day, it's a gong show.
    fixed
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Bike
    2009 Red Kawi Ninja 250r
    At night there's only other cars to compete with and it's only one or two anyways. Other than that I stay away from parks unless it's already midnight.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.
    Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination...

Map of my Routes so far :D

New to this vlogging concept :)