Who earns what in MotoGP
It's not multi-million dollar deals for everyone, you know
Posted: 27 July 2010
by Visordown News
FOLLOWING THIS morning's revelation that reigning MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi has already earned over £20 million from wages and sponsorship fees in 2010, making him the world's seventh-highest paid athlete, the lovely guys at GPOne.com have been calculating who earns what in MotoGP.
And, for some, it's not as much as you might think ...
The figures below represent an estimate of the flat salary the riders are paid by their teams, not including sponsorship deals etc.
- Valentino Rossi : from 12 to 15 million Euro (although Ducati boss says that's tosh)
- Jorge Lorenzo: from 4 to 7 million Euro
- Casey Stoner: from 5 to 7 million Euro
- Dani Pedrosa: from 3 to 4 million Euro
- Andrea Dovizioso: from 1.5 to 2 million Euro
- Marco Simoncelli: from 1.5 to 2 million Euro
- Loris Capirossi: 1.5 million Euro
- Ben Spies: from 1 to 2 million Euro
- Alvaro Bautista: 1 million Euro
- Randy De Puniet: from 500,000 Euro (+ free Bunny Girls)
- Marco Melandri: 500,000 Euro
- Mika Kallio: 350,000 Euro
- Colin Edwards: 250,000 Euro
- Aleix Espargaro: 250,000 Euro