Burnaby Test Examiners
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Burnaby Test Examiners

Registered User juansanchez is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2006 R6

Burnaby Test Examiners

I was wondering anyone out there who has had issues with any of the examiners at the Burnaby Driver Services for their class 6 road test. I have been hearing a lot of complaints about a large woman name Dagmar or Dagley or something like that who seems to go out of her way to fail students who take their test on the first try. There seems to be an inordinate number of students who fail with her as opposed to any of the other examiners. I am not talking about students who have committed dangerous actions on their test but rather judgement calls on the riding of the students. If there are any riders out there that have had issue or failed with this examiner send me a message for I would like to hear any complaints regarding this issue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User sonarwave is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2006 Yamaha YZF-R6
    Sorry to double post this. As pointed in the other thread, I have a chick called Amber that was my examiner. Not sure if she's the same lady you're talking about. She is somewhat short and chubby and Caucasian. She has blonde hair.

Is it winter yet ? SidewaysInto3rd is on a distinguished road SidewaysInto3rd's Avatar
    Bike
    93 Kat 750
    I had a lady do my MST at burnaby .. she was super nice and didn't fail the guy ahead of me even though he put his foot down twice.

Registered User Coastmaster is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    More than one
    Uh, that's why they call it a TEST. You're not supposed to make mistakes. There's one sure way to take her subjective judgement out of the equation; practise, practise, practise - then ace the test.

Registered User bowmanoid is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2006 GSXR
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastmaster View Post
    Uh, that's why they call it a TEST. You're not supposed to make mistakes. There's one sure way to take her subjective judgement out of the equation; practise, practise, practise - then ace the test.
    I had an examiner named Danley the other day. I did a pre ride warm up before the road test with my school and aced it no problem. I went out riding hundreds of times with many other students and instructors who had no problem with my riding that is until the fat lady that sang. I took the road test and did everything right and still this clueless twit failed me because she said I was riding near the yellow line. I thought I was Punked for a second and she was messing with me but after my test told me that I failed. I told her do you know what P1 position is, if I was any further over to my right I would have been in the P2 position which is a no no. I rode within a bike length which is what I have been told to do and done so without complaint or incident from all the other experienced riders and instructors out there. I have traveled and driven around the world and spent the better part of the last 20 years on the pavement for a living so I have a pretty good idea of what I doing. And yet I will probably forget more about being on the road than this idiot will ever know and now I have to waste more time and money both of which are at a premium for me on another useless test to tell me what I already know. I understand students panic or get nervous and make mistakes but that wasn't the case here. I spoke to 4 students that day and 2 other students failed with her as well. The other 2 passed with flying colors so you tell me is that fishy or what? So yeah there is someone else out there who feels your pain dealing with moronic examiners. But the truth is 95% are probably decent people but all it takes is one fool to screw it up and make life miserable for other students and my guess is she has done this many times before.

Fuelled by rice racerboy88 is on a distinguished road racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    I wonder if a complaint to the branch that she works at would accomplish anything? Did she actually write that down as the reason on your test?
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Registered User juansanchez is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2006 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by bowmanoid View Post
    I had an examiner named Danley the other day. I did a pre ride warm up before the road test with my school and aced it no problem. I went out riding hundreds of times with many other students and instructors who had no problem with my riding that is until the fat lady that sang. I took the road test and did everything right and still this clueless twit failed me because she said I was riding near the yellow line. I thought I was Punked for a second and she was messing with me but after my test told me that I failed. I told her do you know what P1 position is, if I was any further over to my right I would have been in the P2 position which is a no no. I rode within a bike length which is what I have been told to do and done so without complaint or incident from all the other experienced riders and instructors out there. I have traveled and driven around the world and spent the better part of the last 20 years on the pavement for a living so I have a pretty good idea of what I doing. And yet I will probably forget more about being on the road than this idiot will ever know and now I have to waste more time and money both of which are at a premium for me on another useless test to tell me what I already know. I understand students panic or get nervous and make mistakes but that wasn't the case here. I spoke to 4 students that day and 2 other students failed with her as well. The other 2 passed with flying colors so you tell me is that fishy or what? So yeah there is someone else out there who feels your pain dealing with moronic examiners. But the truth is 95% are probably decent people but all it takes is one fool to screw it up and make life miserable for other students and my guess is she has done this many times before.
    Her name is Dagly btw and if you have an issue with her or another examiner you should talk to the Ian the branch supervisor with your complaint. I don't know if it would change things because all the examiners that get lots of complaints like that just get recycled to a different branch and continue the same stuff there. But if they have a record of different people speaking out than ICBC's headquarters can decide to pull their examiners license. You should only do this if you have a legitimate complaint not a blatant dangerous action mistake that you make during your test.

Registered User GeeCee is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    1999 R1
    I don’t think Ian has to worry about Danley. You can see the ICBC Driving Test Failure Rates at;
    http://www.vancouversun.com/news/drivingtest.html
    * select test “Class 6/8 (Motorcycle)”

Registered User ExExGuy is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    K4 GSXR
    The examiners do get moved around quite a bit, partly so they don't get bored of driving the same circuit day after day after day after day...

Doesn't mean there aren't douchebags out there though!

Registered User jermyzy is on a distinguished road jermyzy's Avatar
    Bike
    2009 Suzuki SV650SA
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeCee View Post
    I don’t think Ian has to worry about Danley. You can see the ICBC Driving Test Failure Rates at;
    http://www.vancouversun.com/news/drivingtest.html
    * select test “Class 6/8 (Motorcycle)”
    Holy crap, I didn't realize so many people fail their driving tests!!! Almost 50% of people failed their knowledge test!!!
    '09 Candy Thunder Blue Kawasaki Ninja 250R (now the wife's)
    '09 Grey Suzuki SV650SA

Registered User Bison is on a distinguished road Bison's Avatar
    Bike
    98GL
    It's called....I didn't study but I want to be passed anyway.

From N00bie to Wannabe FASTn50 is on a distinguished road FASTn50's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 VFR 800A (Red!) 2006 CFR 450X (Red!) 2012 Ninja 250R (Red!) 2012 BMW F800GS (Blue/White)
    She probably was in love and dumped by some dirtbag riding a Harley!

Unfortunately; I was a dead ringer of my grade 12 English teachers Ex! There were several times things were a little uncomfortable and she gave me a really crappy grade. On the other hand; I seldom did my homework, never studied and couldn't write an essay worth the paper it was written on! Yup...must have been the teachers fault for my crappy grade!
    All my Mistresses have two round, sticky black feet and are Made in Japan or Germany!
    If I die on Phillip Island, so what! I'm already in Heaven! WOOHOOO!!!

Registered User bigbadpoppa is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    2009 GSX-R 750
    pass 2 , fail 2. Simple labour economics. It's called job security... the more you fail, the more you gauranteed work the next day.
    Current: 2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    Retired: 1999 Yamaha R6, 1989 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Registered User Bison is on a distinguished road Bison's Avatar
    Bike
    98GL
    When they have a waiting list of several weeks to get a test I don't think job security is a motovating factor...a lack of prep and ability might though ?

Registered User 4wheelsLESS is on a distinguished road 4wheelsLESS's Avatar
    Bike
    Only U see my ride
    Quote Originally Posted by jermyzy View Post
    Holy crap, I didn't realize so many people fail their driving tests!!! Almost 50% of people failed their knowledge test!!!
    The multiple choices are there to almost 'lead you on'. I'm surprised of the knowledge failure rates as well.

There are some items that can give the examiners more of the 'power of discretion/bias'....One example is the yield signs when merging onto flowing traffic.

+ Reply to Thread