Glacier & Waterton Lakes-Jul 5 -12

Thread: Glacier & Waterton Lakes-Jul 5 -12

Bike
    Yes

Glacier & Waterton Lakes-Jul 5 -12

I am planning a trip from Vancouver, through the Cascades to Montana, through Glacier & Waterton Lakes parks, then west through the Kootenays. Will be motelling it I think.

Anyone interested in joining the ride - either the whole thing or any portion?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Yes
    ttt

I wish I was regular Array EF ZED ONE's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha FZ1
    I'm taking July off work so if I can get the misses to agree I'm on. Although she has mentioned that 5 days or more is just too long for her to handle our 3 year old without my support. I'll work on her.
    Fingers crossed.

Bike
    SV track, VFR road
    I can't commit to anything, but I may be interested in tagging along for a few days.

Bike
    Yes
    Sounds great, the trip is not really that far, so if you have to head back home early it should be no problem, maybe just one long day's ride home. Let me know when your plans firm up.

Bike
    Yamaha FZ1
    Originally posted by Z-Rex
    the trip is not really that far, so if you have to head back home early it should be no problem, maybe just one long day's ride home.
    I've had this crazy notion for some time now, but it might be a great chance to attempt getting my Saddlesore 1000, which is 1000 miles in 24 hrs. I have always been in awe of guys who complete rallies like the Iron Butt, 10,000 miles is 10 days is amazing. It would have to be on the main roads because I can't imagine doing 1000 in 24 on any sort of twisty roads, unless I could sit in the saddle for 20+ hours. (not) To do a 1000 miles on major highways or heaven forbid, interstate, you'd probably have to head south and then home to get the distance.

Anyone else get these crazy ideas or is it just me?

Bike
    SV track, VFR road
    Originally posted by EF ZED ONE
    I've had this crazy notion for some time now, but it might be a great chance to attempt getting my Saddlesore 1000, which is 1000 miles in 24 hrs. I have always been in awe of guys who complete rallies like the Iron Butt, 10,000 miles is 10 days is amazing. It would have to be on the main roads because I can't imagine doing 1000 in 24 on any sort of twisty roads, unless I could sit in the saddle for 20+ hours. (not) To do a 1000 miles on major highways or heaven forbid, interstate, you'd probably have to head south and then home to get the distance.

Anyone else get these crazy ideas or is it just me?
    No, you're not the only one. I've done a few endurance rallies, but nothing like the Ironbutt. I think Z-Rex has expressed interest in doing an Ironbutt ride as well, but I'm not sure he'd want to do one during his week-long tour(?) I do have a few routes in mind because I am considering at least one IBA ride for this season. We'll have to get together and discuss this sometime.

cheers

Bike
    Yes
    Originally posted by gspinckney
    No, you're not the only one. I've done a few endurance rallies, but nothing like the Ironbutt. I think Z-Rex has expressed interest in doing an Ironbutt ride as well, but I'm not sure he'd want to do one during his week-long tour(?) I do have a few routes in mind because I am considering at least one IBA ride for this season. We'll have to get together and discuss this sometime.

cheers
    You are right gspinckney, not on my weeklong tour, but maybe some other time. I see you've posted on a thread on the topic on sport touring.net. I think the Vancouver-Prince George-Kamloops-Vancouver loop sounds like the best B.C. option.

Bike
    Yamaha FZ1
    Originally posted by gspinckney
    I do have a few routes in mind because I am considering at least one IBA ride for this season. We'll have to get together and discuss this sometime.

cheers
    Which rally are you considering?
    The 3 of us should hook up for a ride and a coffee. Bring your maps so we can start planning.

Bike
    Yes
    Originally posted by EF ZED ONE
    Which rally are you considering?
    The 3 of us should hook up for a ride and a coffee. Bring your maps so we can start planning.
    Let's do it, what time works for you guys. I work downtown during the week but can make it most week nights or on weekends.

Bike
    Yamaha FZ1
    Being a Realtor I have a very unpredictable schedule and enjoy family time when I'm not working or riding. I just hate bailing out on personal meetings so I would like to meet on a day that I am committed to taking off, so like I said, let's ride. We can chat at the pee breaks.

When I lived in Winnipeg I rode snowmobiles alot and chased many a jack rabbit around the fields. Believe me, they are a challenge to hit even on a 100 mph sled. Maybe we should look for some bunnies this coming long weekend.