Okanagen Fall Rd

Thread: Okanagen Fall Rd

Registered User Array
    a bike

Okanagen Fall Rd

I am doing a quick trip this weekend up to Kelowna and Pentiction from Vancouver and wanted to know if the route of highway 33 to Okanagen Falls road is do able. I am really wondering if okanagen falls is paved. I am trying to avoid 97 between Kelowna and Penticton but I do not want to go down to highway 3 and back up.

2. Remove Advertisements

01 RC51/01 WR 426
    You will enjoy that route! From Kelowna through Beaverdell to Rock Creek is a great ride. Be aware of deer along the way. The stretch from Rock Creek to Osoyoos can be busy at times, but the switchbacks are smooth and go forever. The Osoyoos to Oliver run is pretty boring; single lane and generally busy, but if you have time, turn left at the Subway, towards the High School and head up towards Willowbrook. The road you will be taking is the Fairview/Whitelack Rd. Willowbrook is basicaly a cluster of houses in a little valley, with great roads. You will come out in OK Falls by the Provincial Campgrounds. Dont take the road that goes west in Willowbrook, you will end up 1/2 way between Keremeos and Penticton. From there if you want to go to Penticton, take Eastside Rd along (obviously) east side of Skaha Lk.

Hope I made this easy to follow, as I am a computer idiot and cant import google maps to this thread

2012 CB1000RA
    as far as I know, all routes between OK Falls and Hwy 33 to the east are gravel, except for Hwy 3. I'd bet on pretty good gravel, so depending on your bike, you likely could get thru without major grief, but that'd depend on you and your machine...

maybe an Okanagan local with better specific knowledge will chime in.

good luck.

return of the Kneedragger Array warp9racing's Avatar
    07 zx6r
    im originally from there if you have any other questions feel free to ask...

before you come into OK falls from oyssos, stop at tickle berries for possible the worlds best ice cream!
    07 Monster Kawaski zx6r -"Dorothy"

Akra-PCIII-CW-CA-KR-Puig-Galfer-Vortex-HID-AMA Monster SS Rep-jumper-pazzo-Bstones-techspec-attack-gpr-drive systems