Sport Touring Tires for FZ1 ?

Thread: Sport Touring Tires for FZ1 ?

Registered User Array 105mmgunner's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 GSXR - Still love her!!

Sport Touring Tires for FZ1 ?

Friend picked up an 07 FZ1, the tires on it need replacing and he asked me (not the internet nerd type) so here I go (since Im the obvious nerd).

Did a bit of a search and am wondering if anyone runs Pilot Road 2 series... I use the 2CTs on my bike but I dont tour.

I am partial to Michelins for the street and have no experience with any other brands within this decade...

Info appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Pilot Road II's are just an excellent choice, high wearing and major grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    2003 fz-1

Various tires for how you ride the bike

Pireli dc 111 5-8ooo km, metzeler sport teck 1 8-11000 km, michelin pilot road 15-17000 km, bridgestone bt 021 15-17000 km.
    Rider weight, riding style ( a certain mod kept pulling power wheelies on his ZRX) touring/sport riding, engine power all effect tire life.
    Explain to your friend the benefits of various tires soft versus harder, single compound versus dual so your friend understands the riding style the tire is focused towards. The fz-1 has a big hit of power at 7000 rpm and likes to pull the front end up or cause the back to squirm depending on lean and speed, I run a softer tire as I weigh 275 and want the better traction especially when in the wet.

Pilot road 2 are great tires, my wife ran them for a season and was very happy. Good profile without being too round or too sharp, wore like iron, and stuck like glue dry or wet

She's got Pirelli Angel ST's on now, also another good choice. She prefers them to the PR2's, when I've ridden her bike I like the Michelin's.

Registered User Array 105mmgunner's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 GSXR - Still love her!!
    thanks everyone. I'll pass this on.