BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Sweet Free Parking Downtown

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  racerboy88 
#1 ·
Greetings!!

Parked my bike at Beatty St, and got a parking ticket for not paying for the spot along with another sedan in front of me. Got the ticket when there were no vehicles parking "in" the spot. Bad luck. :imwithstu

I understand that there are free parking for unmarked triangles in downtown. Does anyone know where one can park free in downtown? :lurking

I know the east side of Beatty St. are all free. There's one spot free on Cambie St near Robson St. Anywhere else? Maybe we can generate a list of free spots? :evilgrin

1. East side of Beatty St. between Nelson and Smithe.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...oid=pisW0qfL8Rvjx3txtjl2jg&cbp=12,207.44,,0,5
2. 1 spot at Cambie St. near Robson St.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...=BrQLy2XcZIvoPPdC2PBgxw&cbp=12,56.88,,0,12.11

(PS. Do they ticket for parking at 1 hr limited spots?)

See less See more
#2 ·
I understand that there are free parking for unmarked triangles in downtown.
You understand wrong. Sometimes though the metermaids give bikes in the triangles a pass, sometimes they don't.

There are a few moto only parking spots near the triangles closer to the downtown core but they're 2 hr only parking and clearly marked as such.

The city is converting the other triangles to pay spots for bike parking, but it hasn't happened yet.

#4 ·
Park up on private property in the downtown plazas and in the driveways.

That is not city property and as such, they cannot ticket you. So long as it is parked inconspicuous on private property, the property management co's won't ask to get it towed away.

#8 ·
Parking Enforcement used to use a little discretion because there was no formal policy on two-wheeled motorized licensed vehicles. However, now that there is formal guidance from Council, the parking issue has become pretty black and white.

Be cautious and be aware. "Park Smart".
Motorcycle Parking in Downtown Vancouver

from City of Vancouver site said:
All motorcycles and scooters (regardless of their size or class) are bound by the same parking rules as any motor vehicle. They are, for example, prohibited to park on the edges of restricted zones indicated by" No Stopping" or "No Parking" signs.

Parking on sidewalks/ boulevards
*Motorcycles and scooters cannot park on City sidewalks or boulevards. If these vehicles are parked illegally they are subject to the same fines as any motor vehicle. All registered motorcycles and scooters must use designated street parking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.