it does nothing original..
Ive been on the waiting list for the iphone 4 for months now and i finally realized it isnt even worth the wait. This phone should have been my first real "smart" phone but yesterday i dug out my girlfriends old N95 and started to play around with it.
this little bugger DOES EVERYTHING!!!!
- I got garmin mobileXT installed and it doesnt even need to use data to provide me with voice navigation.
- Google maps works fine too, including latitude so you can track your friends
- Nokia's own ovi maps is free for life so i got that as well
- the 5mp carl lens on this little thing is great. Plus it has a forward facing vga camera so you can video conference over skype (face time, suck my balls! this phone is from 2006! and it doesnt need a wifi connection to do it)
- the image quality is far superior to the smaller lenses used in the iphones (plus its the sensor inside that matters anyways not the megapixel)
- bluetooth streaming audio w/ my mw600 headset is clear and awesome, i can also stream the navigation to my headset and listen to the guidance while wearing my helmet.
- over 500 internet radio stations through nokia online radio. It's like having XFM radio or sirrus with you everywhere you go.
- does everything it needs to do with the browser. It's fast, 3g and capable... i dont see whats the big hoopla with these new phones.
So after cracking the phone, installing all the apps i want on it, and got it ready to go. It seems this old ass phone from 2006 was already doing everything that i wanted. No need for a friggin iphone, oh yeah and did i mention the battery life on this thing ROCKS. 3 days heavy usage, and still have 10% left.
p.s. my girlfriends new x10 is pretty neat, but i think ill stick to this old junker. Damn i dont know why i didnt do this earlier