Suspension tuners?

Thread: Suspension tuners?

Question Suspension tuners?

I'm looking to upgrade the internals on my R1 forks. Anybody have any recommendations for a good shop/mechanic to do the work?

2. Remove Advertisements

Its quiet in here! Array Biker69's Avatar
    1993 CBR900RR
    If you want the best, GP suspensions in Portland. Contant Dave or Dave, 1-503-723-7793. Local guys, I would email our very own member "VPR", Graham Buck did mine when I first started racing or Imperial Motorcycles.
    Head tech inspector-WMRC

2000 GSXR750 racebike for sale-

Team Black Dog Racing

North Van
    Zx6 07, Crf 450r, Yz250f
    There is a good suspesion guy at holeshot, [ Pro Tech Suspesion] his name is Mike Rensby, he can set you up, he has been doing suspension for 15 years, and his prices are good. He did my R6, he does good work.

2005 CBR 600RR
    If you really want to make a difference try the Race Tech kits , it comes with a new valve ,shims ,instruction video and a great tech line . Most places just swap shims which helps,, but to get super smooth suspension a modified valve with matched shimming works best. With Racetech I have tryed it in a r6, it was a huge difference the bike was easier to ride and was very stable entering a corner and the rebound at the rear was great it made alot more traction exiting a rough corner.

My opinion, if you want local, book some time with Larry, head wrench at Pacific Yamaha. If you want out of town, Traxxion Dynamics.

Good luck!!

North Vancouver
    A blue moped with chrome muffler bearings
    Ohlins makes a kit that fits inside your stock forks for around 500.00. Ben at North Shore Suzuki Yamaha put it in his GSXR1000, says it's the cat's ass.

I wish I was regular Array EF ZED ONE's Avatar
    Yamaha FZ1
    Originally posted by Steve
    Ohlins makes a kit that fits inside your stock forks for around 500.00. Ben at North Shore Suzuki Yamaha put it in his GSXR1000, says it's the cat's ass.
    Ben is happy but does that $500 include labour? He did it himself.
    That Ben sure is a character, great guy. I won't buy from anyone else but him.

I just boxed up my forks and shipped them to Traxxion Dynamics. They are not cheap but their track record, reputation and quality are the best. $700 USD gets new springs, compression valves and rebound valves and some machine work that FZ1 forks need. They make their own valves from billet and them anodize (sp?) them compared to Racetech's brass valves. They also get their springs made specifically for them, Racetech's are heavier.

Check out California Suspension Works or Circuit 1 in Portland. Both reputable suspension guys. They can do the same as Traxxions doing to my bike for probably $500 USD
    Either way the good stuff costs $$$

Thanks for the input. My best option turned out to be Lindemann Engineering in Ca. They fully modify forks for $450 US, which is considerably cheaper than any of the more local options. Moreover, they come highly recommended by various sources, including many AMA racers. They modify (remachine) existing valves, replace springs, bushings, oil, etc. They also Ti Nitride, but it's pretty pricey. They apparently give the same service to squids like me as they do to the pros. I'll let you know how they turn out. If anyone's interested, their website is