sorry all, it looks like i may have been a bit ambitious with my dates. after thinking a little harder about the logistics of this i will most likely need to delay the dates to october 22 to november 3rd or possibly pull the plug altogether. i will let you all know within the next couple of days
i have been doing some planning for a cali trip for a little while now and have been considering trucking the bike straight to norcal and riding from there. the advantage is bypassing any potential crappy weather and saving 2000km's of straightline riding on the bike. my pickup truck is a one tonne crew cab so i could take a total of three bikes. but it's a pig on gas and would run about $250/each way in fuel, but split three ways would make it the same cost as riding the bike down for each person.
one suggestion that came up today (from liketoride) was to stay at some 5 star hotel in norcal (forget the name of the place) that runs like $50/night and simply run day trips from there. he did it once and said it works very well. the nice thing is we could pack all our gear in the truck and ride without a bunch of gear strapped to the bike. if you're a cheap SOB and don't want to pay for the hotel i'll let you sleep in the truck for $15/night
i've done some trip planning and route suggestions here: http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=123590