BWA HA HA - BC's finest cash-crop ...

Thread: BWA HA HA - BC's finest cash-crop ...

Bike
    2006 K1200S

BWA HA HA - BC's finest cash-crop ...

Kootenay mayor's family face grow-op charges

CBC News

The village of Slocan City is located on the shores of Slocan Lake in B.C.'s West Kootenay. Slocan City Mayor Madeleine Perriere's husband and two sons are facing charges in connection with a marijuana grow-op, CBC News has learned. (Village of Slocan City) The mayor of a small village in B.C.'s West Kootenay region says she had no idea her family was allegedly running a marijuana grow-op, and she won't step down over what she considers a private affair.

On Aug. 23, police raided a medium-sized outdoor grow operation in the Slocan Valley in southeastern B.C., seizing 657 pot plants and an undisclosed amount of cash.

Three men were charged in connection with the grow-op, which was located on Crown land near McKean Road in Winlaw.

The RCMP did not release their names at the time of the bust, but CBC News has since learned the three men facing charges are Slocan City Mayor Madeleine Perriere's husband and two sons.

Perriere, a first-term mayor, addressed the issue at a recent council meeting, saying that prior to their arrest, she had no clue her family was allegedly involved in the drug trade.

The mayor hasn't returned CBC calls, but Coun. Patricia McGreal said the mayor told council it is a private matter, and as a family the Perrieres are ready to face it.

"She stood up and laid it out there and really put the priorities straight. 'We are here to deal with the business of the village and my other life … can be dealt with outside the council chambers,' " McGreal recalled.

And the village councillors stand behind their mayor, despite pending criminal charges against her family, according to McGreal.

"They feel sympathy for the mayor that this has happened, but has nothing to do with her being mayor," she said.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    When i rode through all those little villages on my way to Castlegar... i was thinking to myself just what do they do to make money here?
    Well, i guess the answer is obvious.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Bike
    A black one
    I thought it was legal to grow dope in the Kootenays.
    Hug a two stroke....you`ll never go back to trees.

Bike
    I'm just here for the intelligent conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by K-rod View Post
    [B][SIZE="3"]
    Perriere, a first-term mayor, addressed the issue at a recent council meeting, saying that prior to their arrest, she had no clue her family was allegedly involved in the drug trade.
    I don't buy that for one moment.

Well, either that or she's really stupid and shouldn't be mayor in the first place.

Registered User Array 4wheelsLESS's Avatar
    Bike
    Only U see my ride
    Quote Originally Posted by K-rod View Post
    Kootenay mayor's family face grow-op charges

CBC News

And the village councillors stand behind their mayor, despite pending criminal charges against her family, according to McGreal.

"They feel sympathy for the mayor that this has happened, but has nothing to do with her being mayor," she said.
    hmmm....sounds like a nice plot for a book! Money, drugs, power, excitement of raid, the boardroom, & beautiful country setting!

for the crumpet I suppose Array
    Bike
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Scott View Post

Well, either that or she's really stupid and shouldn't be mayor in the first place.
    Orrr... she is smart, governed the town quite nicely, and is lying... cause everyone up there is growing.

Bike
    mini bike
    uhmmm every small town you mean

Registered User Array Ride4Life's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 suzuki gsx650f
    its called fund raising, its expensive to campaign!

license to chill Array frontside5's Avatar
    Bike
    R6, F4 stunter
    hahaha - a private affair. I suppose that's really the best spin you can put on it.

Been there, Wrecked that! Array CrashTested's Avatar
    Bike
    - unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Scott View Post

Actually she didn't and I know that first hand because it's my wife's Aunt. It's been very messy around the dinner table as of late and it's only gonna get worse!
    There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.
    BCSB Member #XXXX

2 Wheeled History:
    '02 F4i (RIP, damn guardrail)

'87 TZR 250 (piston ate itself)
    '99 SV650s (RIP, damn Jeep)
    '79 250XR
    '81 500XT

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTested View Post
    Actually she didn't and I know that first hand because it's my wife's Aunt. It's been very messy around the dinner table as of late and it's only gonna get worse!
    so what you/re saying is that she shouldn't have been the mayor in the first place, then?

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTested View Post
    That is even worse.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!