The Mission

Thread: The Mission

corner worker Array solo soldier's Avatar
    Where no one can find me!
    I need more room in the shop!

The Mission

I finally made it to the track (Mission), and it was a super blast!
    A little wet, but still fun!
    With the new 40 over law, it is a great way of being able to let loose, and not have to worry, plus it is a great place to work on building skill and setting up a new bike.
    I'm playing with the new editing software, so my video is a little rough around the edges.

2. Remove Advertisements

2007 Honda CBR 600rr
    nice vid.

You are one of the brave one's my friend!

I decided to back out because of the rain... I'll definitely try it out next year.

Registered User Array ridenaked's Avatar
    location location!
    cbr 900rr streetfighter
    Nice one man. I sold my street bike because I can't lose my DL, sad to see it go but that's life can't risk it. Bought a konker ksm 200cc for the street/offroad trails then I am going to pick up a track bike for next year. Hope to join you all next time.
    Last edited by ridenaked; 09-26-2010 at 02:24 PM.
    "Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    You learn SO much more by riding in the rain. But you'll never commit when you know that you're riding your street bike. This is why a lot of regular track riders, be they racers or just occasional track day buffs, go for a dedicated track bike which they not worry about dropping.

The great thing is that it doesn't need to be the latest and greatest. Get some 5 to 10 year old track bike that is sorted out and spend a few bucks getting the suspension set up for your weight and you're golden.

And virtually everyone that rides track on a regular basis will tell you that suddenly they found themselves toeing the line on the street and not caring that they weren't rippin' around. Ride the track for a while and showing off on the streets just isn't as important because you KNOW where the real deal is.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.