And daaaaaym, it's uglyyyy! Any worse and it would be a VStrom
Picked up this '05 KLR today and went for a quick boot in the rain.
- vibrations aren't nearly as bad as people say; cruising at 110 is quite comfortable
- the seating position is fantastic, and I have no desire to go fast. wtf?
- the seat is like a couch!
- you can grab a handfull of front break at 100kph and... nothing will happen the brakes on this thing are merely for decorative purposes. I think engine braking does more .
- the mirrors are just about as useful as the brakes - total garbage
- the turning radius is awesome - I no longer need a football field to u-turn
- perma-grin on my face
I picked this bike model specifically for the following reasons:
- I want a cheap bike that I can "adventure tour" with (Alaska / Baja / South America + no pavement)
- Lots of luggage options
- Very reliable
- Can be fixed in the bush
- Did I mention cheap?
So far I'm quite happy! Just need to throw some knobbies on there and hit up the backroads/trails .
BTW, what kind of oil do I use?