Effect of female beauty on men...

Thread: Effect of female beauty on men...

Cool Effect of female beauty on men...

Hey guys, this still isn't an excuse for the drooling!

Boston - Seeing a beautiful woman triggers a pleasure response in a man's brain similar to what a hungry person gets from eating or an addict gets from a fix, scientists say.

Researchers said the study, published in the journal Neuron, shows that feminine beauty affects a man's brain at a very primal level, not on some higher, more intellectual plane.

"Beauty is working similar to a drug," said Dan Ariely of Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Sloan School of Management, a co-author of the study.

Researchers showed a group of heterosexual men in their mid-20s pictures of men and women of varying attractiveness, while measuring the brain's responses through computer imaging.

The beautiful women were found to activate the same "reward circuits" as food and cocaine do. The men had a negative reaction to pictures of good-looking males, suggesting they were threatened by them, study author Hans Beiter said.

Breiter said evidence that beauty stimulates these primal brain circuits has never been shown before. He said the findings counter arguments that beauty is nothing more than the product of society's values.

"This is hard-core circuitry," Breiter said. "This is not a conditioned response."

Scientists said the findings could have major implications for research.

"We think of these things as products of a very high level of thought," said John Mazziotta, director of the Brain Mapping Center at the University of California at Los Angeles, "and it may be very basic and fundamental."

Vicious Little Tree Rat Array squirly's Avatar
    Duh! I could have told you this when I was ten.

Good Luck and Godspeed!

Former ZX-6R Rider
    Also read a while ago that having sex stimulates more brain cell production. Especially ones responsible for the sense of smell.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke-

The Wet Coast
    1966 CCM
    so.....how do we stop drooling?

and.....do you really mind it? (not leering, just drooling LOL)
    I’m not crazy, I just need to get off this island. The doctors don’t believe I invented the chocolate éclair. But I did. I’m going to burn them all and drink soup from their skulls! Happy soup! Untie me and I’ll kill you last!

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    I think we should conduct extensive, exhaustive personal research to explore the validity of this claim.
    I offer myself as said test subject. I will endeavour to visit every club, every strip joint and every house party to attempt to view as many hot chicks... uhh... women as possible.
    I will accept all grants from corporations or individuals.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    New West
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Eug & Jason <--------- Spitting my morning coffee on my keyboard