Great Canadian Bike Rally
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Great Canadian Bike Rally

Cornering clown Array
    Bike
    2002 Suzuki Bandit

Great Canadian Bike Rally

The first "Great Canadian Bike Rally" is to be held this coming year July 14 to 17th 2011 in Merritt BC. The 4-day rally is scheduled to begin on Thursday, July 14th through until Sunday, July 17th and will feature outdoor concerts, show bikes, builders, vendors and an exciting line-up of activities for those that love to ride. Daytime activities will take place primarily in the city center including the street mall, entertainment venues, motorcycle games and demonstrations. Poker runs and dice runs are planned for those that wish to get out on the open road, with stations at surrounding communities like Spences Bridge, Ashcroft, Kamloops and Quilchena. Evening concerts, including beer gardens and camping are planned for the festival grounds and a shuttle bus service will be in place connecting Merritt to Kamloops.
    Money raised from the event will be going to two very worthy causes. The BC Children’s Hospital Foundation and the Circle Square Ranch Children’s Fund. Apparently the rally will be the first to offer an IMBBA sanctioned bike show on the West coast, I gather that there will also be a Miss Motorcycle Canada type competition there as well. The rally isn't aimed just at the Harley crowd although they are as welcome as all others, they are hoping to attract a lot of sportbikes and two stroke owners (of which I'm one) for a show and shine. Shame it's the same weekend as the Sturgis of the North rally, but if it's Harley's for Salmon Arm, then it's two strokes for Merritt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Any webpage???
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Wait for me, I'm SLOW Array Ape Man 2007's Avatar
    Bike
    They're all "Made in China"
    These?

http://www.greatcanadianbikerally.com/

http://www.motorcyclemonster.com/eve...erritt-BC.html

Great Canadian Bike Rally Association
    PO Box 2749
    1951 B Garcia Street
    Merritt, BC V1K 1B8
    Ph. 250.378.5553
    Fax: 250-378-4499
    info@merrittrally.com

F**k STARBUCKS !!!! ..... I'm posing in front of Tim Hortons.

Life's to SHORT, don't WASTE it.

Recycle - SAVE the Planet !

Don't be stupid. Array Sikorsky's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM
    This is much more attractive. Now I just need to get rid of the assless chaps, SS hat and leather vest I just bought on Davies St.
    The difference between you and me .........

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    This is much more attractive. Now I just need to get rid of the assless chaps, SS hat and leather vest I just bought on Davies St.
    Maybe not, despite the OP suggesting it isn't "just aimed at the HD crowd", I would say it probably is "mostly" aimed that way.

All the imagery on the website suggests cruiser demographic.

Hell, why not, they are, by far, the biggest crowd to attract.

Great idea though, and again, awesome to see some people taking the lead and trying to organize such an event. Not sure why they would book it on the same weekend as that Sturgis North event....seems a real bad idea IMO.....

Perhaps competitive people who thought of the idea together, both racing to see who's more successful? Ironic anyway. We have too many conspiracy threads on this forum as of late...haha

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    A black one
    Sounds fun. I may have to dust of my 500 and take a trip to Merritt.
    Hug a two stroke....you`ll never go back to trees.

level 1 'Tard Array Snapperhead's Avatar
    Bike
    stolen/recovered now traded
    Only real issue I see is Sturgis North same days
    When life throws you a curve..... Brake late and drag the peg!

Bike
    vstrom( ugly, slow) my charming personality , good looks make up for it
    I guess I can take the muffler of my bmw rt ,it sounds a bit like a tractor now, with no muffler I would fit in

Bike
    sounds like a good day trip, just to see all the bikes. Probably won't stay overnight for anything myself.

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    I know one of the organizers and one of my stores is involved, so I can tell you that they are looking to make this a large two wheel affair. This would be the first of many to come and the money going to a good cause. They are also in the planning stages of a two day Supermoto event at the airport (Stay tuned) and many other motorcycle events.

Cornering clown Array
    Bike
    2002 Suzuki Bandit
    They have now posted the Ms Biker Canada event as going ahead, it will be the first of its kind in Canada. Unfortunately the picture is of a charming young girl sitting on a large shiny hog, I'd have preferred her draped over a decent sportbike (like mine?) but I didn't get to choose. I was re-assured by the organizers that this is for All bikes, not just Harleys, again yesterday.

Bike
    1200 GS
    Although they may profess that it is open to "all" motorcyclists, by calling it the Great Canadian Bike Rally and having a Ms Biker Canada is not going to convince me that it will not be just another Harley & Clone festival.

The website homepage has nothing but cruiser, Harley and chopper images. Not to mention polluting my speakers with the typical v-twin sound of the Bike Rally jingle. There's even a 2011 Harley give-a-way!

Above the 49th Parallel and completely beyond Hope
    Bike
    Shuttleworth Snap
    Well you know what it needs to make it more sportbike oriented?

Sportbikers to stop winging and turn up!

The same complaints were levelled at the Gastown show and shine.
    Folks need to piss, or get off the pot
    STFU = Acronym used by an internet forum poster without the ability to formulate an intelligent argument or response. [See “dullard”]

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCheeky View Post
    Although they may profess that it is open to "all" motorcyclists, by calling it the Great Canadian Bike Rally and having a Ms Biker Canada is not going to convince me that it will not be just another Harley & Clone festival.

The website homepage has nothing but cruiser, Harley and chopper images. Not to mention polluting my speakers with the typical v-twin sound of the Bike Rally jingle. There's even a 2011 Harley give-a-way!
    While I agree to an extent, and have no illusion that it will be dominated by cruisers, does that really surprise anyone?

Cruisers make up the mass market, and to make an event like this successful, you need to appeal to those masses.

As mentioned before, my biggest concern , for the organizers, would be trying to compete with a very similar event (Sturgis North), on the same date....makes no sense to me??

If the demand, for an event like this really exists, and I bet it does, why in the world, would you want to make a conscious effort to chose a date that potentially eliminates a HUGE target market.....seems crazy.......stupid actually.

I guess it all depends on who launched first, but Sturgis North was being promoted at the Toy Run, and already appears to have their shit together in terms of entertainment, website, and marketing material.....image is everything, especially for the pirates.

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Better than LEGO. Array almost_barbie's Avatar
    Bike
    Pocket Rocket
    Salmon Arm and Merritt not so far apart. And I have a place to stay right in the middle. 2011 is already looking a billion times better than 2010, which can just go to hell already...
    My new riding music is RAMMSTEIN.

i don't drag knee, i drag FOOT!