Disc Locks!

Thread: Disc Locks!

Don't worry be happy Array bukaroo's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki Racing

Disc Locks!

Just thought I would pass on the deal I found out, unless you already knew. You can buy the $70 disc locks you get at motorcycle shops for $20 at Home Depot. The only difference is that it doesn't have the plastic coating around the "U" part, big deal.
    live to ride, ride to live

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

this is my...boomstick! Array CrotchetyRocket's Avatar
    Bike
    click, click
    That's where I got my Kryptonite cable and billet padlock with barrel cylinder as well.

KC

Not Hanging Out Here Array Sailor's Avatar
    Bike
    1978 Twinstar 185
    I found a Kryptonite Bicycle lock at Walmart for $20. At the moment I am using a very large padlock that I got for free when I stored my furniture last year.
    I ride purely, and only, because it is fun.

I ride because I love freedom, independence, and the movement of the ground beneath me.

**author unknown**

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi

section

What section would I find this? Did they have a big U-lock that would fit around the swingarm and spoke too?
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

I might be dangerous! Array Manic's Avatar
    Bike
    Hurricane
    That's where I got mine. Then I wrapped the U-shaped part wit heat shrink tubing. Electrical tape would work too!

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    Heat shrink would look cool.
    Electrical tape would look budget.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi

home depot

Just so you guys are all aware. The main diff between the one here and at the bike shops is that the more $$$ ones at the bike shops offer a warranty/money back if the lock gets busted from theft attempt.
    I'm sure there is a way around it though if you were to buy the one from home depot.
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Registered User Array Naked_Is_Better's Avatar
    Bike
    1981 XS650
    Hmmm, i like the big U-lock around the swingarm and a spoke idea, but then you would need a backpack all the time just to cart around your anti-theft device cause it sure wouldn't fit in a pocket. Thanks for the heads up bukaroo on cheaper locks, i would just wrap it with yellow electrical tape, i don't care if it looks budget so long as it is just as strong.

auger
    I don`t use a disc lock but instead I use one of those big 2lb "American" padlocks and lock it to my rotor.I also wrapped it in day-glo orange duct tape.

Bike
    2005 FZ6
    My Kryptonite chain from home depot came with a $2500 gurantee against theif...the more expensive ones are to just cover their cost of insurance...most of the automotive ones offer you $10000..
    WMRC #749

THE WORLD IS GOING CRAZY
    "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'"

-Chris Rock

Not Hanging Out Here Array Sailor's Avatar
    Bike
    1978 Twinstar 185
    How much did the kryptonite chain cost and how much did you get?
    I ride purely, and only, because it is fun.

I ride because I love freedom, independence, and the movement of the ground beneath me.

**author unknown**