My New Year's resolution for 2010 was to save up to 18 lives. With the help of a bunch of motorbike riders of whom I've never even met, we saved up to 75. From the bottom of my heart: thank you.

2010, we saved up to 75 people's LIVES! That's way better than those ad-driven companies where you click to donate a "penny", or change your profile picture for a "cause". In certain aspects, us forum trolls, asshats, liter newbs, hogs and hooligans did even better than real charities! Awesome work for a bunch of people who never even met each other!

For those new to the sport, Canadian Blood Services have these kick ass places set up with recliners and LCD TVs where you and a few friends could compete to see who can drain a pint of blood the fastest! My personal record is 5 minutes. You will be treated to a free juice and cookies buffet afterwards, how sweet is that?!?! Sometimes if you are lucky, you get to ride and feast ahead of time with some of the coolest riders in BC!!

Do you know what your blood type is? Do you know how rare it is? First time donors will receive a pimping donor card along with a blood type analysis in the mail. Free.

The entire process from start to finish takes less than an hour, is almost painless (they hire the best nurses to facilitate), and very safe. An average person has 5.5 L of blood, they draw less than 10% of it, not at all noticeable for most adults. They do a finger prick test to see if you've got enough red blood cells first, followed by the usual vital signs, and top you up with fast energy (juice + cookies) to triple prevent any ill feelings.

One in every two Canadians will either need blood or know someone who will. One motorcycle accident casualty may require up to 100 units of blood over the course of a treatment. Yet less than 38% of the population is eligible, less than 5% actually donates.

Please join our team, help save a few lives. Who knows, it could be the life of another rider; it could be a family member, it could be you. This kind of donation is where every last drop counts, nothing gets wasted.

An hour of your time could mean a lifetime for up to three people!! That's real people among you and I, not to mention how good you'll feel afterwards; uber karma and +1km/h sticker are merely icing on the cake!

To register as a donor, please visit
Click Join, Member, enter "BCMT010770" for partner ID

To check out our team on facebook

To find out more about how you can contribute, please visit; feel free to message me on facebook as well. BCMoto is not a charity or an organization, it's just a title; please direct any financial donations to Canadian Blood Services. I'm doing all this purely for a sense of well being, that's all; thanks to you lot, I achieved my goal.

(Mods, if this is out of line as advertising, feel free to remove it)