Factory Pro Velocity Stacks

Thread: Factory Pro Velocity Stacks

Latest and greatest Suzuki GSX-R 600

Factory Pro Velocity Stacks

Anyone running these beauties?

We ran my '08 GSX-R600 on the dyno & it made 4 more HP with them.

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array Fanny Bay R1's Avatar
    Fanny Bay
    06 Yamaha R1, 01 Dookie 996
    Yep I put them on a few months ago but the bike was off the road whe I installed them so I haven't run with them yet. I got a perfect set of the R1 Forum for $65 USD. They sure look purdy!!!!!
    06 Yamaha R1 (50th Anniversary) - R1's forever!!
    Georgeous Ducati 996 (the only bike as pretty as my R1!!)

Filthy basement in New West
    IRSU magnet
    A note for semi gearheads: It is true that velocity stacks can make a bike produce more power, but it is also normal for them to cause a loss of power in some other part of the power curve. On a racetrack where the bike will seldom see revs below 8000 that is fine, but on a street bike where the engine is used over it's entire rev range it may adversely affect driveability in the lower range to the point that you may want to put it back to stock. HP is nice, but a smooth torque curve is nicer.

A good dyno tune with a gas analyzer and a PC-III or a PC-V with autotune may partially solve drivability problems, or it may not. Gaining power in one area will usually come at the expense of giving it up in another area of the rev range.

The automotive industry tackled this problem using two sets of intake runners. Low / midrange runners that were smaller and longer to increase air velocity to maximize volumetric efficiency, and higher in the rev range the engine would change over to a set of runners that were larger diameter and shorter length to maximize air volume.

No trees were harmed to display the above message ..... however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

for the crumpet I suppose Array
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.
    These things are horny. Wish they made them for my bike. Agreed, useless for street.