Aftermarket fairing kit
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket fairing kit

Registered User Array 125cbr rider's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X

Aftermarket fairing kit

i am looking at buy a complete set fairing kit for my cbr600rr. OEM is way to expensive for me.

is there anyone on here who knows someone or a business who handles all the imported aftermarket fairings??

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array Son of Lars's Avatar
    Bike
    01 Honda RC51
    Check my thread "For Coastmaster". I was going to buy from GPFairings, which is a local company, but I saved almost $200 going the Ebay route. Selinas_Moto was the Ebay seller, and so far, the kit fits pretty well. $465 landed in Canada. No taxes, no duties.

Not wearing pants. Array klutch's Avatar
    Bike
    Schwinn with tassles

Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X
    im getting my bike back tomorrow. i picked up some orange oem fairings for right now. im either getting it all painted so it all matches or buying a fairing kit.

right now its going to be orange front end, silver in the middle and orange at the rear.... i might keep it as is.. like a Frankenstein bike!

Bike
    01 Honda RC51
    Orange and silver might actually look ok. Kinda like a Chinese knock off of orange and white KTM.

Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Lars View Post
    Orange and silver might actually look ok. Kinda like a Chinese knock off of orange and white KTM.
    i will post pics up for sure in the next few days of what it looks like.

got some fun work ahead. clutch lever, mirror, need to find a aluminum welder to weld the spool back on.

some TLC and maybe some black duct tape for the gaping hole in the seat, she will be good as new.

Bike
    01 Honda RC51
    Is that hydro or cable clutch? If it's hydro, I've got a clutch lever you can have for free.

Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X
    its a cable clutch. thanks for the offer though. im going to attempt to bend it back. but knowing its cast aluminum or what ever the metal is. it will snap on me its only the end half of the lever that's bent so might saw that nubby at the end off with a inch or so off. my homemade shorty style lever!

everything i am doing to it right now, is just to make it half decent to ride. just so i know it is ride able and wont sit for months on end in the corner. kinda half ass'ed but not in the mood to spend a small fortune to make it look new again. already spend close to $500 on the orange fairings, foot pegs, mirror, left side stator cap.

plus i've got my yammy 350 xt to cruise around on
    Last edited by 125cbr rider; 02-01-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Bike
    01 Honda RC51
    I've bent them before. Put it on a hunk of wood, and use a mallet or dead blow hammer. They bend really well. The one I was offering was the original from my RC, and I bent it back before I bought the Pazzo's

Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X
    i will do that, thanks for the hint. i have plenty of time to waste away after work to work on this bike. nice little project to work on. i just hope i don't find anything majorly wrong with it after i start tearing the broken fairings off.

Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X
    heres a pic so far of the recovery.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bike
    2004 kawasaki ZX-636r Ist, 7 R6 2nd
    Try Ebay
    XtremIzzy

Bike
    2010 GSX-R 600
    Christ that looks like ass. What happened :O? Get that mofo painted. Worst comes to worst, just go with a matte black finish. With proper prep work, you can pull of a very nice matte black finish in pro quality. It's cheaper to paint it black and the most important part of painting something is proper prep work to ensure adherence and patience .

good luck with recovery!

Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Christ that looks like ass. What happened :O? Get that mofo painted. Worst comes to worst, just go with a matte black finish. With proper prep work, you can pull of a very nice matte black finish in pro quality. It's cheaper to paint it black and the most important part of painting something is proper prep work to ensure adherence and patience .

good luck with recovery!
    right now, its all about getting the bike to run like new. not look like new for now. painting will happen in the summer time.

Bike
    sportwhat?
    heh look like fun, digging the duct tape.

keep us updated when you decide to get some fairings? i've got an 05' cbr600 which could use some new clothes down the road.