Merritt Racetrack

Thread: Merritt Racetrack

Question Merritt Racetrack

Has anyone heard about Active Mountain Raceway in Merritt? I've checked their webpage (, and they claimed to have a finish date in 2002. Obviously this has not happened. Are they still proceeding with the project? Another track in BC is certainly a good thing for bikers, but only if it exists beyond blueprints. If you've got any info, let me (and everyone else) in on it.

2. Remove Advertisements

White Rock
    A red one
    Dont know anything about it's current status but i dont doubt it's on hold because of lack of funding.
    Originally posted by adamantium
    I'm going to type this slowly so that you folk can follow along.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    I agree with you about the internet, it's probably here to stay.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    New West
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    All smoke

the bus
    retired , BNR32 cage
    STICK A FORK IN IT. the people funding the project pulled out. it's still milling about but i don't think its ever going to happen.

sumfing nekkid
    Just wait till I hit Lotto...
    Ride in peace my friends...

Being a road crayon sucks....put your gear between you and the pavement.

WTD: Hot girls with low morals. Own transportation a plus. Sufferers of yellow fever considered first. PM/email me for details.

.....and mirrors

I'm amazed the $$$ are still being spent to keep the website up. Its a shame, 'cause the guys who started the ball rolling had shown business savvy with the bluegrass festival for years. Also, the chamber of commerce in Merritt was thrilled with the idea (try that in the GVRD!!).

The only way they could really make it happen would be to grab something in the oval track area....but more yankee than CASCAR. Not my first preference, but sports cars and motorcycle races don't pay bills in North America

Support Mission....only game in town!!!!

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    I heard that it was all go until the provincial government put the kybosh on using the road out of Merrit and demanded that they fund the total cost for a freeway offramp and the extension to the racing site. Supposedley Merrit city council came to his aid but there was no turning the good old idiots in Victoria. The astronomical cost of the ramps, overpass and extension killed the whole show apparently.

But like I said that was just the story I heard. Can anyone confirm this?
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Registered User Array BLUEBALLS's Avatar
    The Couch, a.k.a. "Pipe & Slippers"
    I haven't heard of any specifics in years. Last gossip I have was the Provincial Gov't pulling out of the funding game and then the ship slowly sank. Crappy deal. I emailed the group back in 2000 full of excitement for details and received a response that basically said "stay tuned" for great things to come.

If this was Quebec it would have been completed years ago...

Shit happens. Ya gotta deal with it as best you can under your own terms.

The one, the only, the original 'BLUEBALLS'!!! Spell it right noobs. Ain't nothin' like the real thing baby!