A young friend of mine died and I'm trying to help her mother take care of the arrangements for her obituary and memorial.
The thing is, neither of us has ever had to arrange anything like that. I'm wondering if anyone can email some answers.
1) how do we write an obituary?
2) how do we get it in the paper, which paper, and is there a time limit from time of death?
We may either do a memorial or do a funeral.
3) we have a Church for the memorial, what else do we need? Guest book? flowers?
4) what is that info piece of paper that is given out at memorials that has the deceased photo and other writings actually contain?
How many pages, who writes it and does it have to be printed nicely, or black and white is fine?
5) how do we arrange to get the body cremated (if we decide to do that) and do we view the cremation?
6) if funeral, how do we arrange this? Are plots of land readily for sale? What if we have a specific location in mind? How much are these?
7) what else do we need to arrange a funeral? how much time for preparation and what are the estimated costs?
That's all for now. I hope someone can help.