Ride For Doug 2011 - Save the Date - June 5th

Thread: Ride For Doug 2011 - Save the Date - June 5th

2000 Triumph Sprint RS

Ride For Doug 2011 - Save the Date - June 5th

Save the Date – Sunday, June 5th, 2011.

Mark your calendars now - This is the FIFTH ANNUAL Ride For Doug. Can you believe it has been five years already? From a humble beginning with just 17 bikes, we’ve grown to a high of 75. Over the last four years, we’ve raised over $30,000 for Muscular Dystrophy Canada. Thank You!

Join us again the first Sunday of June for this year’s ride – and bring your friends. It will be a Sunday afternoon ride (200-250km) through some unforgettable motorcycling roads. I’m working on arranging another delicious BBQ dinner at the end – so bring an appetite. The ride fee will be $20, which will be WAIVED if you bring in $50 or more of donations. All proceeds go to Muscular Dystrophy Canada, and donations over $20 are eligible for a tax receipt.

If you are new to Ride For Doug, and are wondering what it’s like, and how the money is used, please visit www.RideForDoug.com. There are links to photos and videos of past events, as well as an introduction to Muscular Dystrophy, and how it impacts my 8 year old son Doug and the rest of our family.

Remember – even if you don’t ride, there is a BBQ dinner at the end, and everyone is invited. Non-riders can circle the date on their calendar too!

If you’re looking to help out with this worthy cause, here’s what you can do:
    1. Mark the date on your calendar, polish up your ride, and fill the tank with gas
    2. Send this email on to your riding club, your friends, neighbours, and relatives
    3. On facebook? Join the event www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=142717682458425 and pass the word around
    4. Start collecting donations from those around you. Raise more than $50 and you ride and eat for free. Donation forms can be downloaded from the Ride For Doug website here: www.ridefordoug.com/images/stories/forms/rfd%20donor%20form.pdf
    5. Want to help out? Send me an e-mail. I’m looking for help in many different areas. Here are some examples:
    o Registration/donation table
    o Setup / Takedown
    o Road crew – traffic control, signage
    o Food preparation
    o Arranging for good weather
    o Etc.

So save the date, and spread the word. Let’s make the 2011 Ride For Doug the best yet!

2. Remove Advertisements

2011 VStrom 650, 1983 KZ750, 2006 WR450, and any racebike I can get my hands on!!
    Date saved.
    chicken strips are a sign of intelligence
    unless you're at the track ;)

DO IT!

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    3rd rock from the sun. po co.
    bunch "o" bikes
    Would like to do this! Make sure this post gets brought back closer to the ride date to remind some of us!
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!