Wondering about tracking down specific items?

Thread: Wondering about tracking down specific items?

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696

Wondering about tracking down specific items?

Hey guys,

Picking up a bunch of new gear this year for both me and the gf. In the past I've just walked into shops and bought whatever I found off the racks that worked. This time around we've done some browsing on the various manufacturers' websites and picked out some stuff that we really like.

Now, I don't expect to walk in the door of RMS (if they were open) or where ever and find these exact items hanging on the rack in the right sizes.

It would be *easiest* for me to just order the stuff online cause I can do that while sitting on the couch with a beer watching Simpsons re-runs.

I'd love to support local business, but trekking around to all the various stores trying to track down these things isn't my idea of a great time. Are stores able to order in specific items?

If it matters, I'm looking for these items:

His Jacket

Her Jacket

Her Boots

We'll also be looking for new gloves for both and boots for me, but I'm undecided on which model I want yet. And the gloves I figure will be easy enough to find locally.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Motorcycle gear needs to fit right. Buying them without trying them on is risky, and more than 50% of the time I have been disappointed. So I suggest you phone all the shops and see who has what in stock in your size to try on.

I also find many of the local shops are willing to get pretty close to prices available on-line. Factor in the "pain-in-the-ass factors" of buying online:

Time to drive to the US to get it
    Cost of gas
    Troubles if there is something wrong with what you bought on-line (defects, wrond size etc)
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    ER6n
    Holeshot racing out in Langley. They got 30 catalogues they can order from, like your standard Parts Canada down to specific motorcycle parts from the manufacturer.

Then again I think alot of local shops have the same catalogues they can order from too. Holeshot came to mind because they stock quite a bit of gear, a mix of dirt and street.
    ...And held deep like the words in my breath,
    I never sleep 'cause sleep is the cousin of death...

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton
    Call the local shops, see if they carry it as a stock item in sizes that might fit you and see what the prices are at.

For the amount of money your spending, I would be looking online for sure. Froogle.com says your saving a big amount shopping online.

I've ordered clothing/motorcycle apparel stuff that didn't fit, and had no trouble shipping it back. Just part of ordering online.
    Buying something on Amazon, use my affiliate links to support my motorcycle racing. Every little bit counts. WMRC 250 Class FTW - #702, MUCHO GRACIAS!

WTB: PW50 Bike for my kids

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Yea I know there's a risk of it not fitting if I order online, which is why I was asking about local shops. The place I was looking at ordering from online has great return/exchange policies though. (And it's Canadian...no driving to the US or surprise border charges).

I'll check out Holeshot, but that's honestly more of a pain in the ass for me than picking something up in the states. I live near UBC. My riding season isn't starting for a couple months yet so I have time to check out a few options.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    More than one
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    Motorcycle gear needs to fit right. Buying them without trying them on is risky, and more than 50% of the time I have been disappointed. So I suggest you phone all the shops and see who has what in stock in your size to try on.

I also find many of the local shops are willing to get pretty close to prices available on-line. Factor in the "pain-in-the-ass factors" of buying online.
    Ditto.

Bike
    ER6n
    Yeah, I'm straight outta Com(pt)ercial drive area. I guess Holeshot is pretty far, I've only gone there when riding out eastward. Clean washroom and free water fountain, can't complain.

Closest shop I know of around you would be bayside performance, candian online company but has a shop too. Not too much gear in stock though.

In the vancouver area there's Modern on Commercial and 12th, Carter just outside Granville island, and Daytona on Hastings near Victoria. Haven't been to these shops in awhile so don't know if they have your A*'s you want. That's all I know of in the Vancouver area that stocks and sells gear.
    ...And held deep like the words in my breath,
    I never sleep 'cause sleep is the cousin of death...

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Yea, it doesn't have to be specifically in Vancouver. I'm fine with driving around a bit...Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond, etc...no worries...I'd just rather avoid going as far as Langley if I don't have to. But if they have the best selection then it might be worth the drive anyways. I'll start calling around and see who's got what in stock.

Those guys are f#%@ed Array steven's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 DRZed 400sm
    I know you're looking for specific stuff, but if you want local gear try Rubber Side Down in New west/richmond border.

http://www.rubbersidedown.ca/
    screw it, I'm leaving

Bike
    2010 Kawasaki Z 1000
    We have everything you are looking for as far as gear goes.

Rubber Side Down Motorsport Clothing
    604 451 7843
    Last edited by athlete; 03-28-2011 at 05:27 PM.