Northern Thailand questions

Thread: Northern Thailand questions

Whach u talkn bout Willis Array smokedvw's Avatar
    its got 2 wheels

Northern Thailand questions

Anyone done the loop from chiang Mai to Pi to Mae sariang to Mae hong son back to chiang Mai?

I have heard chiang Mai to Pi is to dangerous but the rest should be ok so I'm thinking of getting a bike in Pi then riding the loop and drop it in chiang Mai.

I went fir a ride today on a Honda dream 125cc up a mountain and it was divinity roads are constant twisties it was awesome. I'm hoping to find a 250 motard. Just curious if anyone has done it?

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array
    04 625SMC, 99 KDX 200SM,73 Sportster
    I did some of those rides during Xmas definitely do it on the D-Traker 250 you can rent em at POP which are all over ChiangMai The super moto is the tool for the job there, as the corners are so tight and there are lots of pot holes mixed in with dirt roads. Next time before I go I will order the maps from GT-Rider. For now just find the GT-Rider site and you can kind of figure out some of the routes using the town names however the names may be written different on different maps. I used a newer Nokia C5 world phone with Ovi maps downloaded for Thailand and a cheap local data package SIM card and even the very rough dirt roads up in the jungle montains showed up on the little phone. Good luck on your trip!

Oh and don't be afraid to do the ChiangMai to Pai. Its 762 corners on the easy route. I went up an obscure way I stumbled across another day which was mostly dirt road and came back the tourist way.
    Last edited by dubtruker; 03-02-2011 at 06:04 PM.