FORD owners ....betcha didnt know this

Thread: FORD owners ....betcha didnt know this

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    3rd rock from the sun. po co.
    bunch "o" bikes

FORD owners ....betcha didnt know this

The Goldberg Brothers -- The Inventors of the Automobile Air Conditioner. Here's a little factoid for automotive buffs or just to dazzle your friends.

The four Goldberg brothers, Lowell, Norman, Hiram, and Max, invented and developed the first automobile air-conditioner. On July 17, 1946, the temperature in Detroit was 97 degrees.

The four brothers walked into old man Henry Ford's office and sweet-talked his secretary into telling him that four gentlemen were there with the most exciting innovation in the auto industry since the electric starter.

Henry was curious and invited them into his office. They refused and instead asked that he come out to the parking lot to their car.

They persuaded him to get into the car, which was about 130 degrees, turned on the air conditioner, and cooled the car off immediately.

The old man got very excited and invited them back to the office, where he offered them $3 million for the patent.

The brothers refused, saying they would settle for $2 million, but they wanted the recognition by having a label, 'The Goldberg Air Conditioner, on the dashboard of each car in which it was installed.

Now old man Ford was more than just a little anti-Semitic, and there was no way he was going to put the Goldberg's name on two million Fords.

They haggled back and forth for about two hours and finally agreed on $4 million and that just their first names would be shown.

And so to this day, all Ford air conditioners show -- Lo, Norm, Hi, and Max -- on the controls.
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    '08 Varadero
    arr arr arr
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

for the crumpet I suppose Array
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.
    Fucking painful.

2009 FZ6R
    hahaha... groan =)
    Shut up and get naked

There was a story about how Chrysler stole the intermittent wiper idea/pattern from someone.
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Fuh-coffee we will go Array carbonfibrerocket's Avatar
    Hong Ko-quitlam
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    There was a story about how Chrysler stole the intermittent wiper idea/pattern from someone.
    There was a good movie made about that in 2008, called Flash Of Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Big shitty balls of shit, that's a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling

Port Coquitlam
    the intermittent wiper was invented by Joseph Lucas...Prince of Darkness

Van Is
    Along with the intermittant headlight, tail light, brake light, heater fan, coil....and the terminal Zener Ziode...the repository for all unused electrical current.

Don't be stupid. Array Sikorsky's Avatar
    Brutal joke.

I'll be torturing the family with it. Thanks!
    The difference between you and me .........