I recently picked up a used Suzuki SV650S and anticipate having to do the 12000km service by the end of the year. From your experiences, who would you recommended using for regular service (I'm planning to take the PRS Maintenance 101 course this year but am by no means a qualified mechanic (before or after taking the course))?
I've been searching through the past threads and have been seeing lots of mixed reviews for most of the dealerships. Here is what seems fairly consistent, based on my own experiences and reading the threads:
- North Shore Suzuki Yamaha - I visited them when I was first looking and was pretty much ignored entirely. The overall opinion I got from reading the threads on here was pretty negative too (it seems like they're good people have moved on). Unfortunate because they are very conveniently located for me.
- Richmond Motorsport - The overall opinion on here seems to be pretty negative as well and they're large restructuring sale is a little worrying. I visited them a couple different times, once pretty positive, once not so much. Again, unfortunate because they're pretty convenient.
- Jim Pattison Suzuki - Overall response seemed pretty positive, but I understand they've closed permanently.
- Burnaby Kawasaki - I've met and talked with Trevor and Jay and both are really great guys...except they sold the bikes I was looking at on two separate occasions (the nerve!)! They're pretty out of the way for me and I'm not sure what they're Suzuki experience is like.
- Daytona Motorsports Surrey - Rob and Damon are great guys, but Surrey is pretty far for service (and they're already got a bunch of my money from gear!).
If you guys have any comments on any dealerships/shops I would greatly appreciate them (naturally I'll be checking places out on my own but your comments will help me build up a list). I'm primarily looking for places in the Richmond or North Vancouver area as these would be closer to work or home.
Thanks in advance for any responses. I've been going through the forums and BCSB looks to be a huge wealth of knowledge. If you looking to ride with a slowpoke in the Richmond area feel free to drop a PM!