Chinese cheers Japanese disaster.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chinese cheers Japanese disaster.

Token Angry Asian Array mr.ping's Avatar
    Bike
    Fireblade Repsol SP . CB599 - Hornet , Ducati M1200S

Chinese cheers Japanese disaster.

I stumble onto a couple Chinese news website and under most comments section, i see...not one or two..but more than 80% of the comments were cheering for the tsunami and earthquake..

There were also several post about hoping the nuclear reactors will have a full melt down and destroy Tokyo.

At first i thought it was just those who were absolutly brainwashed was leaving the comments, however a Chinese associate of mine also tell me the same thing, he said when he and his roommate heard about the earthquake and tsunami they cheered, and hope Japanese people had all died.

Just freaking sick..what is going through those people's mind..

http://sinostand.com/2011/03/11/what...inese-bigotry/
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 03-15-2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Link added in original post
    "BTW, How do you say "In the name of Bhudda, get the fuck out of the left lane" in Mandarin and Cantonese? "- OneTrack

Bike
    I wish.
    Before this topic gets out of hand, link to your sources please.
    BCSB- Administrator

Bike
    2005 DR650
    There is still widespread resentment of Japan in china for the attrocities committed in WWII. I asked my tour guide in Beijing why there were almost no japanese cars on the road (all German, Korean, or Chinese) and she said that is the cause. Harsh, but the divisions run deep there, it is tough for us to judge something like that without knowing the full history.
    My bikes: A random assortment of junk I found in a barn and fixed up.

for the crumpet I suppose Array
    Bike
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.
    Completely unsurprising. Long history of bad blood there. Rape of Nanking is the first episode that comes to mind.

Also (am I treading on stereotypes here?) some cultures are not so indoctrinated in the temple of the individual, and feel less strongly about the deaths of others they are not intimate with. Or that has been my perception.

But a few internet wags does not reflect the entire population of China.

Though in this case, I bet it reflects more of them than you think.

Also note, however, that there are Chinese rescue teams in Japan right now, which I think is a shocking and positive indication.

for the crumpet I suppose Array
    Bike
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.
    Two minutes after you, P...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People'...apan_relations

First invasion of China was 1894. I did not know previously that they had occupied Taiwan at that time, and I wonder if that plays a role in Taiwan's independence today. Would seem plausible.

Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Before this topic gets out of hand, link to your sources please.
    yes let us all read the Chinese News blogs......

it's right to left correct??? top down?

Bike
    give me a second Adam..most of those website i seen are in CHinese..so let me find you guys some English ones..
    "BTW, How do you say "In the name of Bhudda, get the fuck out of the left lane" in Mandarin and Cantonese? "- OneTrack

Bike
    The mainlanders are a strange bunch indeed. I remember when Taiwan had the earthquake back in '98??, China didn't bother to help much officially.

Bike

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against
    Like its been said, the resentment over stuff that went down during WWII and Japan's economic ascendancy afterwards while China was under the grip of Mao and the ironically labeled Cultural Revolution that saw untold repression on the Chinese people while Japan rose to the powerhouse it was for decades.

It should be noted that the Chinese government has stepped up to the plate to help the Japanese despite the history and rivalry between the two nations. This gesture was symbolically huge and may go a long way towards getting China and Japan to become more friendly towards each other down the road.

Also many people who comment on blogs as we know are generally the swill of internet, no matter what their cultural background happens to be.

Bike
    I know not all Chinese behave as such..One of my very close friend is Mainland Chinese, and he was the first among us to donate to the cause.

I am fully aware of the history between the two groups, however is those who had already came to Canada..that i am so shocked about.

Bike
    It's easy to hide behind a computer and say things like that, but come face to face with reality and the tragedies they so mock online, I bet their attitudes and tones will change immediately. I have friends in China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and none of them speak of ill towards each other. Just who are these ill speaking people????

Bike

Bike
    More proof to be found if you type " Japanese Earthquake" in Chinese Google (in Chinese of course)...most of the blogs are dedicated to celebrating the death of thousands of Japanese lives.

Bike
    Sending rescue team to Japan show the Chinese government has wider heart than before, and show casing it's role as leader of Asia.

However with the near propaganda history text book of China, it is hard for their youth not to resent Japanese.

Many countries has a dark and bloody history, and most of them not very pleasant. However I believe the Japanese had suffer their crime of WWI and WWII. The present day Japanese can not be blamed for what their government did 70 years ago. As for the soldiers....they were ONLY soldiers...one command...one move.

I don't see Jewish people boycotting BMW and Mercedez...-.-