BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Remove your bikes from your Sig folks.

3K views 43 replies 25 participants last post by  DoctorP 
G
#1 ·
You don't want to get your bike stolen, don't put it in your sig. Thieves are everywhere, they are watching us, and us law abiding members of the board really don't need to know that you have an RC51, a GSX-R 750 or whatever you ride. We'll find out if we go riding with ya sometime.

#3 ·
Hmmmm... I am R1 Girl. How do you suppose I keep it a secret on what I ride? :laughing

My bike is 100% safe and secure in my parents' garage though. My dad even works from home so its supervised 24/7 (he doesn't go out much socially, if ever, either). Tee hee!!

#4 ·

I doubt people are searching for a specific bike on the site. I like to see what people are riding, don't be paranoid. Don't post your address if you're worried then.

G
#7 ·
Boone said:
I doubt people are searching for a specific bike on the site. I like to see what people are riding, don't be paranoid. Don't post your address if you're worried then. [/B]
Why do you doubt they are searching for specific bikes? These aren't oppertunistic junkies stealing bikes, regardless of what people want to think. They are organized, they know what they can sell the quickest, and they are trying to get it.

How many older bikes do you see get stolen? How often do say, ZX7-Rs get stolen verse R6s?

Most non-bikers couldn't even tell the model of the bike, let alone the year. Certain models, and usually the newest ones get stolen a lot more then others. That alone should clue you in that these people aren't just crackheads and petty thieves grabbing targets of oppertunity.

Newbusa: Talk is cheap, but it doesn't do much when someone steals your bike while you are out shopping or visiting friends or whatever.

#11 ·
If someone wants your bike, they arnt going to be just shopping on here, they will have to follow you home. So instead of removing your bike from your avatar section, just stay home with your bike under protection. Maby some sharks, or better yet, sharks with freaking lazers on thier heads.

G
#12 ·
spink said:
If someone wants your bike, they arnt going to be just shopping on here, they will have to follow you home.
Why do you think that? If a thief sees someone who has a bike they want, and their entire name listed, it will be incredibly easy to track them down.

Either way, I really don't care, I can't afford a new bike and no one knows my last name, unless I've been out riding with them.
This is just a public service announcement. :laughing :laughing

G
#15 ·
spink said:
true enough, but how many people here have their full name listed?

*cough*atomlowe*cough* :laughing :laughing
Adam, Benjamin, Takie and Bruce for one, all would be easy to track down. Even if you have your first name down, they only need to see someone make a reference to your last name to find it. We aren't exactly the most guarded people when we're posting on BCSB.

#16 ·
James said:
Why do you doubt they are searching for specific bikes? These aren't oppertunistic junkies stealing bikes, regardless of what people want to think. They are organized, they know what they can sell the quickest, and they are trying to get it.

How many older bikes do you see get stolen? How often do say, ZX7-Rs get stolen verse R6s?

Most non-bikers couldn't even tell the model of the bike, let alone the year. Certain models, and usually the newest ones get stolen a lot more then others. That alone should clue you in that these people aren't just crackheads and petty thieves grabbing targets of oppertunity.

you know, i used to think this way, until my bike was gone early this morning :( TLR's are not desirable bikes, and definatly not the most popular bike for track days. In fact, the amount of TLR's on bcsb I could count on 1 hand. Ok, 1 and a half hands lol :)

G
#18 ·
CG said:
you know, i used to think this way, until my bike was gone early this morning :( TLR's are not desirable bikes, and definatly not the most popular bike for track days. In fact, the amount of TLR's on bcsb I could count on 1 hand. Ok, 1 and a half hands lol :)
But think about it, how many TLR/TLS or Kawasakis are stolen? Definately not in proportion to the number of them on the board, at last from what I've seen.

#20 ·
James said:

Newbusa: Talk is cheap, but it doesn't do much when someone steals your bike while you are out shopping or visiting friends or whatever.
I doubt even if i am not at home that he will crawl far!If my suprise does not get him my dogs will.:evilgrin :flip :evilgrin

#23 ·
Also ,I don't think thieves have to work that hard at finding bikes to steal in the Vancouver area.Every time i have been in town i have seen plenty of bikes parked everywhere.Thieves are people of opportunity as well they are not going to work to hard and stick there necks out when there are plenty of other easy targets. :(

G
#25 ·
CG said:
but how many TLR/TLS are out there locally? not very many, compared to the cazillion R6's, gixxers, cbr's, etc.
I'll give you that, but when was the last time you heard, "My 7R got jacked!"? A lot less often then you hear the same about an R6, and while there are less 7Rs, there aren't *that* many less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.