1994 CBR900RR Gas Tank (Black/Purple/Yellow colour)

Thread: 1994 CBR900RR Gas Tank (Black/Purple/Yellow colour)

1994 CBR900RR Gas Tank (Black/Purple/Yellow colour)

Here's the details. I recently replaced my gas tank with a new one because the previous owner let the bike sit for long periods and did not stow it properly. As a result, some rust/corrosion formed, so he put that "Kreme" coating in it. Well, it worked loose and messed up my fuel pump. So both the pump and tank were replaced.

The tank can be properly cleaned/coated, but I don't know the extent of the unseen corrosion. Because I'm sure I'll get another 150,000 km from the bike, I replaced the tank altogether. It's otherwise in great shape (no dents, paint looks good), and would be a good replacement for a person that's not going to keep their bike for a long time (just install 1 or 2 inline fuel filters to play it safe). Would be a great replacement for a crashed bike too.

You can see it at Carter Honda (W. 3rd Ave. location); go to the service department and ask for Jeff, and he knows where to contact me or send me a private message -- but I only am able to check Email 1 or 2 times weekly). I'll sell it cheap -- make me a decent offer and it's yours.
    Last edited by Tony; 03-25-2003 at 10:13 PM.