Eye Makeup

Thread: Eye Makeup

Better than LEGO. Array almost_barbie's Avatar
    Bike
    Pocket Rocket

Eye Makeup

I figure I wont get ridiculed too harshly in this forum...hopefully...

Do you ladies wear eye makeup when you're touring? I find no matter what I use, mascara-wise, it just ends up melting by lunchtime.

Anybody have a favorite mascara that would take you to hell and back without melting?
    My new riding music is RAMMSTEIN.

i don't drag knee, i drag FOOT!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2009 FZ6R
    Quote Originally Posted by almost_barbie View Post
    I figure I wont get ridiculed too harshly in this forum...hopefully...

Do you ladies wear eye makeup when you're touring? I find no matter what I use, mascara-wise, it just ends up melting by lunchtime.

Anybody have a favorite mascara that would take you to hell and back without melting?
    I just wear waterproof mascara.. currently Cover Girl I think (i'm not loyal to any brand in particular). I've never really noticed 'melting' but sometimes my eyes start to water a little and if I don't wear waterproof mascara my eyes start to sting AND I look like hell when I take my helmet off.
    Shut up and get naked

Bike
    Pocket Rocket
    I'm using waterproof mascara and it still melts...

Maybe it's my eye cream!

Bike
    2009 FZ6R
    Quote Originally Posted by almost_barbie View Post
    I'm using waterproof mascara and it still melts...

Maybe it's my eye cream!
    Yup. My mascara will smudge a little if I've got cream on near my eyes.

Funny story... Years ago I worked at a steel supplier. One day in the middle of summer a trucker delivering a load of steel walked into the office. HE had very long blonde hair and makeup that was melting all over his face. I took him aside to 'fix' him up. He said he put cream on under his makeup and with the heat the makeup all melted off his face. He called himself Lisa Marie. Tough business to be in when you're trying to make a change like that.
    Shut up and get naked

Registered User Array VanillaGirl's Avatar
    Bike
    2009 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    Get your eyelashes tinted. Relatively inexpensive (I think about $15 & lasts +/- 3 mos. so no more worries about the melting. : )

Bike
    2009 Kawi ZX6R
    I use 'Covergirl Lash Blast', never use waterproof... I can't stand how you can't get it off when it smudges, but the regular mascara seems to do the trick and doesn't streak on my face like the waterproof stuff does. Seems kinda backwards I know, but it doesn't smudge or 'melt' when riding on me!
    Good friends will bail you out of jail, BEST friends are the ones sitting in the cell next to you saying, "Dude that was fucking awesome!"

1996 Kawasaki Ninja EX500
    2005 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha TTR230
    2009 Kawasaki ZX6R Monster Energy Edition

Bike
    Pocket Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie0568 View Post
    Funny story... Years ago I worked at a steel supplier. One day in the middle of summer a trucker delivering a load of steel walked into the office. HE had very long blonde hair and makeup that was melting all over his face. I took him aside to 'fix' him up. He said he put cream on under his makeup and with the heat the makeup all melted off his face. He called himself Lisa Marie. Tough business to be in when you're trying to make a change like that.
    I remember watching a guy applying red lipstick at a party once. He made a real mess of it and I felt bad for him... Mind you, red lipstick has got to be one of the most difficult things to apply!