Good chain choice??

Thread: Good chain choice??

Slider_33

Good chain choice??

Well i decided to change my chain cause it was looking alittle worn so i decided to go green as usual and got a green EK 525 on my zx7r ,i also changed the front and rear sprockets as to keep all of those components fresh,now here's the thing should i have gotten the D.I.D instead or is the EK a decent chain because from what i hear the EK chains are what come stock on all Kawasaki motorcycles. Fact or fiction and what would you have picked???

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2001 ZX6R
    No idea, about the difference on DID and EK, most likely both are the same. How much did everything cost you ? I am still on stock oem chain and sprockets after 2 years and 27,000 kms....but the green chain is what I will be getting...

Bike
    Ktm 1190,ThruxtonR 1200'Drz4

Thumbs up

I replaced my stock chain on my Busa with a EK ZVX 530 and man that baby was tough it lasted 24 thou km and that is dragraced ,wheelied,very high speed runs and other abuses.I replaced it with the only chain i could get at the time cheapbacki and it sucks. I always rivit my master links,so i buzz them off with a angle grinder when its time to replace them and the EK was a bear to grind off the Tsubaki was like butter.I will wait this time and go back to EK ZVX.

Slider_33
    Originally posted by Human
    No idea, about the difference on DID and EK, most likely both are the same. How much did everything cost you ? I am still on stock oem chain and sprockets after 2 years and 27,000 kms....but the green chain is what I will be getting...
    For the chain ,front and rear sprocket and install it cost me 400 dollars at burnaby kawasaki.

Slider_33
    Originally posted by newbusa
    I replaced my stock chain on my Busa with a EK ZVX 530 and man that baby was tough it lasted 24 thou km and that is dragraced ,wheelied,very high speed runs and other abuses.I replaced it with the only chain i could get at the time cheapbacki and it sucks. I always rivit my master links,so i buzz them off with a angle grinder when its time to replace them and the EK was a bear to grind off the Tsubaki was like butter.I will wait this time and go back to EK ZVX.

Thanks so i guess the EK was a good choice, I am very happy with it and i love the green chain another thing to make my bike original

oscarthegrouch
    Originally posted by newbusa
    The EK's are used on the world's fastest top fuelers (eg Spiderman). I've picked up the same chain as newbusa for my 1100, based on a bit of research. It is visibly built like a brick shithouse and I'm pleased with the physical comparo between it an eg Regina. It goes on for this season...yummm!!

Slider_33
    Originally posted by oscarthegrouch
    The EK's are used on the world's fastest top fuelers (eg Spiderman). I've picked up the same chain as newbusa for my 1100, based on a bit of research. It is visibly built like a brick shithouse and I'm pleased with the physical comparo between it an eg Regina. It goes on for this season...yummm!!

It's good to hear i bought a quality product thanks for the info guys