i rode my bike today wooo hooo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: i rode my bike today wooo hooo

hanging out at timmies Array
    Bike
    a suzisomething

i rode my bike today wooo hooo

i got my gsxr running today and took it out for a short ride.
    after nine months of absolute hell boy o boy did that feel good
    better than an orgasm. i will plate it tomorrow or monday. i thought with my dizzyness problem i wasn't going to be able to ride anymore but i beat that .
    i had to relearn the brain to adapt its balance to different situations by riding my bicycle down and up sprott hill in bby while standing on the pegs till the dizzy part went away.it took 6 tries. its amazing how fast the brain adapts when its forced to adapt or crash and pain inflicted.same thing when i had to relearn to walk straight again i forced myself to do it on stairs. falling down became a not an option at that time so i learned fast.
    Last edited by rawdonflyer; 04-03-2011 at 06:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    Good on ya Rawd! Take it slow and easy ... ease your way back into a comfort zone gradually ... and be safe.

Bike
    06 R6
    Rawd. I am all for it unless you decide to post "I apologize thread in a week or two".

You rock, you roll and of course you do both at the same time. You deserve the best that is coming your way. If I ever hear you doubt your own riding skills I'll quit supporting your stories. You hear?
    Old enough to know better.

Smooth Array
    Bike
    06 Kawasaki ZZR 250
    Good for job man. You're an inspiration to young riders like myself!!!

Bike
    BMW F650GS DAKAR
    This is is a much better than "ending it all" post! Good to see you getting life on the right track
    I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here.
    http://www.youtube.com/davidhowellca

Bike
    06 R6
    Glad to hear you are doing better.
    Last edited by jacek; 04-03-2011 at 04:03 PM.
    Old enough to know better.

Bike
    2009 FZ6R
    That's awesome to hear! Keep finding the light.
    Shut up and get naked

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2010 Ducati Monster 696
    Great to hear...

I wasn't aware what was going on with you until I read back in your posts. Sounds like a battle..

FWIW... Sounds like you're a mechanic and have been coping with an injury. I can relate. I tore my ankle up a year and a half ago and I'm in pain every day. I've learned not to rely on our medical system. You have to be firm but polite to get what you want. I waited many months for even an MRI an found that it took only a phone call in the end to get in within 48 hours. The squeaky wheel gets the grease unfortunately. I'm still in pain with complete tear of the ATF ligament with bone fragments attached, stretching and 50% tear of Deltiod ligament, damage to the talar dome, partial thickness tear of the peroneus longus tendon, three large bone chips in the joint causing impingment,swelling, and nerve pain, and now arthritis. They say there's nothing they can do and it would cause more damage to repair what is wrong...I call bullshit. Takes me 15 minutes to get out of bed in the mornings.

I dread hearing my toolbox lid creak open in the morning, even though I couldn't see myself doing anything else. I know the pain associated with it by the end of the day. But it's something I gotta do to make all the other good things in my life happen...

ALSO... I don't know your whole story, but if you are truly not 100%... DO NOT suck it up and go back to work. I made that mistake with my hard headed-ness. If you find out you can't do your job after all it will make retraining and EI sponsorship way harder or even impossible... Just trust me on that one...

Oh...and watch out for the pain meds... B.C. doctors hand them out like chicklets. I went a couple rounds with Oxycodone, Percoset, Codeine, etc..etc.. Changes your mindset...makes important things in your life not important.

Anyway... Great to hear your on two wheels again...

Formerly kanelupis Array CanaganD's Avatar
    Bike
    K1300R
    WOOOT WOOOT!

Awesome stuff! I took my bike out today too! And hey, ya know what's even better? Pumping some arrogant black rap music while you're still feelin' the high of your ride! Bust a move and everything dude!

=/\=

Bike
    sportwhat?
    congrats man! stay safe out there

got any pictures of your gixxer?

Bike
    a suzisomething
    Quote Originally Posted by s2upid View Post
    congrats man! stay safe out there

got any pictures of your gixxer?
    my stock 85 gixxer and my tlr( the bike i had my accident on)

Bike
    a suzisomething
    Quote Originally Posted by loopsryder View Post
    Great to hear...

I wasn't aware what was going on with you until I read back in your posts. Sounds like a battle..

FWIW... Sounds like you're a mechanic and have been coping with an injury. I can relate. I tore my ankle up a year and a half ago and I'm in pain every day. I've learned not to rely on our medical system. You have to be firm but polite to get what you want. I waited many months for even an MRI an found that it took only a phone call in the end to get in within 48 hours. The squeaky wheel gets the grease unfortunately. I'm still in pain with complete tear of the ATF ligament with bone fragments attached, stretching and 50% tear of Deltiod ligament, damage to the talar dome, partial thickness tear of the peroneus longus tendon, three large bone chips in the joint causing impingment,swelling, and nerve pain, and now arthritis. They say there's nothing they can do and it would cause more damage to repair what is wrong...I call bullshit. Takes me 15 minutes to get out of bed in the mornings.

I dread hearing my toolbox lid creak open in the morning, even though I couldn't see myself doing anything else. I know the pain associated with it by the end of the day. But it's something I gotta do to make all the other good things in my life happen...

ALSO... I don't know your whole story, but if you are truly not 100%... DO NOT suck it up and go back to work. I made that mistake with my hard headed-ness. If you find out you can't do your job after all it will make retraining and EI sponsorship way harder or even impossible... Just trust me on that one...

Oh...and watch out for the pain meds... B.C. doctors hand them out like chicklets. I went a couple rounds with Oxycodone, Percoset, Codeine, etc..etc.. Changes your mindset...makes important things in your life not important.

Anyway... Great to hear your on two wheels again...
    i am an auto mechanic by trade and yes i had a severe injury.
    i had a bad crash last year coming back from squamish. i ended up with a
    closed head injury with multiple brain contusions and three brain bleeds.
    plus a shattered shoulder blade 2 broken ribs, clavicle broken in 3 places.torn rotater cuff and bicept tendon.I ended up in a coma for a week and woke up partially paralyzed on the left side of my body. Rumor was spread that i had a stroke while riding, absolutely NOT true i was hit in the head by something and knocked unconcious on the bike and the resulting 15-20kph get off on the lionsgate bridge last june 28.
    Last edited by rawdonflyer; 04-03-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Old Dirty Bastard Array masonjarz's Avatar
    Bike
    Looking for the next one
    Very happy to read this thread!

Congratulations! I know it has been a tough road back.

Best wishes and I hope to meet up with you sometime.

Registered User Array jason_kawi's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 kawasaki zx6r
    Wow good job Rod sounds like you have come a very long way. Keep up the good work and take it easy on the road

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdonflyer View Post
    boy o boy did that feel good
    better than an orgasm.
    You must be doing it wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **