General Insurance Questions
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: General Insurance Questions

  1. #1
    Registered User Array chris0055's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    08 Yamaha R6 Canadian Edition

    Question General Insurance Questions

    greetings,

    Just renewed my insurance for my bike yet I have some questions to ask:

    1. I have beacon now, yet I wonder the coverage it offers?

    I understand its comprehensive and does that mean it covers collision too?

    2. Is it required to put the true copy of my insurance in the bike or should I just make a photocopy of it and put it in the bike ( in case if bike got stolen and I can make a claim) ?

    3. If you see riders showing up behind you, how do you greet them?

    apologize if these questions are too noob

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Array pika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    unicycle
    yes it is noob.

    but this looks to be one of those 4 or 5 pagers that will make for fun reading, I want to be the first in!

    1. yes

    2. yes

    3. honk at them

  4. #3
    Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    השטן שב
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    1: probably best to have asked this while you were dealing with the agent, no?

    2: no -I have always gone with a reduced-size photocopy folded into my wallet, never had an issue

    3: wheelie & 1 finger salute, the official BCSB greeting
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

  5. #4
    Insert User Title Here. Array TripleTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Spinning right round baby right round.
    Bike
    Yes.
    Been waiting a while to use this one again.......

    Specifically with regard to the Beacon stuff:
    Attached Images  

  6. #5
    Do Work Array j.dunne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chilliwack
    Bike
    yamaha r1 street, GSXR Race
    Seems a little silly you have bought something without asking the details of what you purchased.

  7. #6
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    K4 GSXR
    it makes me sad that www.mrburns.nl isnt a real web site

  8. #7
    "Missing a few pieces!' Array Nine-and-a-half's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    BC
    Bike
    FZR750r, Triumph Scrambler
    Quote Originally Posted by pika View Post
    yes it is noob.

    but this looks to be one of those 4 or 5 pagers that will make for fun reading, I want to be the first in!
    I call 4 pages.
    Peace

  9. #8
    Registered User Array michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Under the radar. Hopefully.
    Bike
    Honda. Still. Again.
    1/ Go back to your Beacon agent, and ensure you understand what you've purchased. Ask them all the questions.
    2/ You are *not* required to have a true copy of your "own damage," coverage on your person or motorcycle. You are required to prove you have a valid policy of at least the minimum mandatory Third Party Liability Coverage. I keep mine in my riding gear, on my person, not on the motorcycle.
    3/ Depends on the circumstances. 50 riders in formation, I get out of the way. 2 riders that want to pass me, I get out of the way. A few riders that ease up onto my '6', I ride the way I usually do and waive as they pass...

  10. #9
    Registered User Array chris0055's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    08 Yamaha R6 Canadian Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    1/ Go back to your Beacon agent, and ensure you understand what you've purchased. Ask them all the questions.
    2/ You are *not* required to have a true copy of your "own damage," coverage on your person or motorcycle. You are required to prove you have a valid policy of at least the minimum mandatory Third Party Liability Coverage. I keep mine in my riding gear, on my person, not on the motorcycle.
    3/ Depends on the circumstances. 50 riders in formation, I get out of the way. 2 riders that want to pass me, I get out of the way. A few riders that ease up onto my '6', I ride the way I usually do and waive as they pass...

    Thanks. Guess I'll just call my broker to get things clear out.

    The last answer is what I'm looking for.
    I guess its time to learn how to wheelie

  11. #10
    Registered User Array michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Under the radar. Hopefully.
    Bike
    Honda. Still. Again.
    No worries amigo.
    Enjoy the season, it's shaping up to be a good one.

  12. #11
    Fastronaut Array Danke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Danger Zone!
    Bike
    RC
    Who came up with the pink stickers this year?

  13. #12
    Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    lower mainland
    Bike
    Derbi
    I keep a photocopy of my papers in my jacket
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

    Hang Thieves

  14. #13
    Asian Persuasion Array dragnit02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Home of 2010 Olympics
    Bike
    Pumpkin Orange
    Quote Originally Posted by racerboy88 View Post
    I keep a photocopy of my papers in my jacket
    So much work & so little time!!

  15. #14
    Registered User Array ctardi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Maple Ridge, BC
    Bike
    2010 F800ST
    Photocopy in a ziplock bag stashed under the seat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •