Ken Klaassen the mechanic passed away
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ken Klaassen the mechanic passed away

Registered User Array
    Bike
    04 gsxr 600 race

Ken Klaassen the mechanic passed away

Hello all. With a heavy heart I'm here to say that long time Motorcycleworld mechaninc and long time friend passed away yesterday.
    Ken has been in the industry for over 30 years, he has forgotten more about race tuning and suspention work then any or us will ever know.
    He was the tuner and suspetion guy for Al Dick on his run for the Canadian supercross championships in the 80's.
    He taught so many good mechanics how to be better ones and taught so many guys how to be better men.
    He was a balck belt in Karate and owned and ran several Dojo's over the years.

He is survived by his 2 daughters and 3 grand childern.
    He was 64.

Now you have more time to ride Kenny. Go get that RMZ muddy. Goodbye my friend.

I'll post up more when I know the details of funeral arrangments, etc.
    Last edited by the newf; 04-05-2011 at 11:07 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Demo
    Sad news, I never worked with Ken but I can say that at service schools we attended togehter he always had the command of the room when he spoke of "issues". He had the respect of all his peers.

Don't be stupid. Array Sikorsky's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM
    Sad to hear. My condolences to his family and friends.
    The difference between you and me .........

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    I don't even know what to say. I'm floored. One of the nicest guys i've met in the industry. Ken always had a great smile on his face and told you things as they were. I remember him all the way back to my Motocross days in Mission racing with "Too Tall" and Friessen.

Jeez, Even last week he was laughing as he was bashing his knuckles on an old cruiser trying to get some stubborn bolts out. I can't believe he's gone. My heart goes out to his family and all the crew at Motorcycle World in Surrey. He will be missed.

Ride in Peace Ken.

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    God speed, Ken

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    What a huge loss to the Industry .

I apprenticed with Kenny . He was a "REAL "mechanic . I always remember his one word answers and staring at you like "come on idiot struggle and figure it out". He said there will always be "parts replacers , you want to be a mechanic and fix things" . I have much respect for the guy he was very hard working. He was Ox like strong and in good shape . He was one of the first in BC to start motocross teams , suspension tuning you name it . Kenny was a pioneer in this industry .

RIP Ken , you will never be forgotten.

Bike
    ummm
    Man this is bad news. Such a nice fellow. I chatted with him Friday, always respected his advice on anything he offered. My brother worshipped his skills when tuning old Hondas. It's just not fair.

Steve

Supporting Sponsor/Vendor Array GSXRKK6's Avatar
    Bike
    none :(
    Ken really was a nice fellow.

Bike
    Pontiac 61
    Worked with Ken in 96 back in the old Daytona days. Always had a joke and could always be counted on to be in your corner. A man's man. Will miss you brother.
    It's not just an oil change, It's an experience.
    We're not talented, We're charming.
    When in doubt, Let EMS figure it out.
    Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.

Regular Array
    Bike
    raleigh 73 lowrider
    Holy hell. What a way to start the week. Kenny will be missed. RIP.

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    Bike
    bunch "o" bikes
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thgear View Post
    What a huge loss to the Industry .

I apprenticed with Kenny . He was a "REAL "mechanic . I always remember his one word answers and staring at you like "come on idiot struggle and figure it out". He said there will always be "parts replacers , you want to be a mechanic and fix things" . I have much respect for the guy he was very hard working. He was Ox like strong and in good shape . He was one of the first in BC to start motocross teams , suspension tuning you name it . Kenny was a pioneer in this industry .

RIP Ken , you will never be forgotten.

sad news

may he Rest in Peace

i will have to pass along the mechanical advice to my old man, though i'm sure he already knows this..
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    2004 kawasaki ZX-636r Ist, 7 R6 2nd
    RIP another great loss
    XtremIzzy

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    He was the real deal. I remember him taking apart CDI boxes and making them work or anything electrical . Some of the best memories were seeing him lift a motorcycle off the stand and spin it around ( He was old man powerful) . Another time at Daytona a customer was freaking out at Fenton . The customer went for a knife or something in his pocket. Kenny had that guy on the ground pinned so fast it was incredible. Plus I doubt his heart even went up one beat doing it. just stayed calm with his deep voice. "It's Ok cupcake calm done".

Also one year at the bike show Kenny was the only guy to beat me at the "Tire change challenge". We had 3 ISDE competitors and Kenny and myself in the finals. He got me by 2 seconds. But thats OK because he taught me how to change tires fast anyway so losing to the MAster was an honour . Going to miss you Kenny .
    Last edited by 5thgear; 04-06-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Unregistered User Array greenboy's Avatar
    Bike
    Knobbies
    Sad news. In 2007 I bought a bike from Motorcycle World and remember Ken wrenching on it. Gruff looking and sounding guy, but really approachable and easy to talk to. And obviously knew his stuff cold.

RIP. Great loss indeed.