Insurance Question Please Help

Thread: Insurance Question Please Help

Insurance Question Please Help

hey guys,
    My questions is regarding purchasing insurance. I'm only 18 and am currently only a new driver as well as only have my bike learners. Is it possible for me to purchase motorcycle insurance under my name? Or is there certain reqirements that I have not met yet?

2. Remove Advertisements

Entertainment Poster Guy Array rearwheelrider's Avatar
    Da Village
    05 750 gixxer (no,seriously)
    If the form says that you are old enough that you are not required to have a legal guardian sign for you, then you can insure for yourself.

Phone up , or go into the icbc and ask how old you have to be to get insurance with out a "co-sign".

if you're able to get auto-ins with out co sig, then you'll be able to get moto-ins without it aswell.

People who never do any more than they get paid for never get paid for any more than they do.
    – Albert Hubbard

this is my...boomstick! Array CrotchetyRocket's Avatar
    click, click
    Bring a sack full of money though, bud. Insuring my ZX9 w/o my "old man's discount" is over 4000/yr full coverage.

It's not so much buying the bike that's the issue, it' insuring it. Even with my 40+% off, the monthly insurance is nearly what the payment for the bike is.

Registered User Array
    In your dreams
    If you're just starting out, a 400cc or smaller bike might be the way to go. Until you have that 40% or more discount, bike insurance is going hurt!