JUNE 5TH - **5th Annual** Ride For Doug
Well, it’s just a month away. Ride For Doug 2011 is quickly approaching, and it’s time to make sure we spread the word.
RFD 2011 is the 5th Annual Fundraiser for Muscular Dystrophy Canada. It is held in Langley, BC on Sunday June 5th, and is an afternoon motorcycle ride through some of the Lower Mainland’s best motorcycle roads. It concludes with a celebration BBQ for both riders and non-riders alike. Over the past 4 years, we have raised over $30,000 for Muscular Dystrophy Canada. Several riders have brought in in excess of $300 in fundraising. As a parent of a child with Muscular Dystrophy, seeing this level of support is beyond incredible.
- Date - SUNDAY, JUNE 5th
- Registration time – 12:00 (ride leaves at 1pm)
- BBQ time – 5:30pm
- Location – South Langley Church Lot – 20098 22nd Ave, Langley
Everyone can help. Here are some ways to be involved – everyone can do at least one, and the more of us that participate, the more successful the event will be:
1) Plan to show up. Register at www.ridefordoug.com/register-now and indicate whether you will be riding with us, or joining us for the celebration BBQ at the end.
2) Invite your friends. Print out a poster from http://www.ridefordoug.com/images/st...oster_2011.pdf and put it up at your office, favourite motorcycle shop, restaurant, or wherever.
3) Tell your riding group. If your group has a forum or website, post this whole message there so that we can make sure everyone sees it, and can pass the info along.
4) Join the facebook event. www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=142717682458425 and share the link with all your facebook friends.
5) Collect donations and bring them to the ride and BBQ. Download a donation form from http://www.ridefordoug.com/images/st...nor%20form.pdf
6) Give online – click the Muscular Dystrophy Canada logo here http://muscle.akaraisin.com/Donation...d=8&Lang=en-CA to donate on a secure website DIRECTLY to Muscular Dystrophy Canada.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at email@example.com. Thanks, and see you there!
- Cam (Doug’s Dad)
It's just over a week away, and there is nobody more excited about this ride than Doug. He has his own internal checklist of bikes he wants to see there - so make sure you show up with yours!
Best of all, the Stanley Cup Finals schedule just came out. There will be NO conflict with the Canucks. They have very graciously agreed to play on Saturday night to leave Sunday the 5th open for the ride.
So please - help me spread the last minute word - and if you haven't signed up yet, hit the www.ridefordoug.com/register-now page and sign up. It's going to be a blast!
Last edited by cpenner; 05-26-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Reason: who could say no to THIS face?
Ok. Final wrap up time.
Here's the official "Thank You email"
Thank You Email
It has links that you can use to subscribe to the new Ride For Doug Interest List - to make sure you don't miss next year's ride.
If you visit www.RideForDoug.com you'll see links to where you can see photos.
Short version: 86 bikes. $12K raised. 1 very happy kid.