Sunday, May 22 - Going to the racetrack ... and maybe beyond after
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sunday, May 22 - Going to the racetrack ... and maybe beyond after

Bike
    THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCHES

Sunday, May 22 - Going to the racetrack ... and maybe beyond after

Most of the BSCB community isn't aware of the conversation going on in the racer section ... the "Going to the racetrack" thread about drumming up some interest in the racing at Mission.
    Now, if you haven't been there before for the races, you've been missing out. It'll make you want to get out there on the track yourself. And you know what - you can! You can do a Taste Of Racing session at lunchtime, where you get to take your streetbike out there and ride the track.
    Believe me, after that, you'll be buying your own track bike.
    And, if that wasn't enough, I'll even take a sweet-ass picture of you for FREE as you drag your knee through corner 9. (Some pics below).

So you get to watch racing, do a track session, AND get your picture taken? What a deal!
    And, due to the generosity of the WMRC, admission is only $5 - but only IF you're on the group ride. (TOR is extra, though. Not sure how much ... )

I'll be leaving downtown around 8:30 on Sunday, aiming to be at the track around 10, since I will budget in time for some stops to pick up any interested riders along the way.

Here's some of the pics I took last year. CLICKY .. and below. And one of me on my bad-ass Speed Triple from WCSS school earlier this year.
    Attached Images      

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

California dreamin' Array KatRider's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Nice Speed Triple. (I might be biased though.)

They look so much better when the stock mufflers are dumped in favour of a shorty can like yours has.
    Work sucks -- let's go riding!

corner worker Array solo soldier's Avatar
    Bike
    I need more room in the shop!
    It is a two day event, next race weekend is also part of the Western Championship, so there will be riders from Alberta, and maybe even beyond, and very possibly from south of the border, if your going to the track for the first time, this is the one to go see! Some serious racing going on those two days.
    Unfortunatley, I won't be able to make it out on the track that weekend

And they most likely will have the stunters back again for another show during lunch!
    That was a real treat to watch!

Bike
    THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCHES
    Got a couple non-BCSBers (yes, they exist) in.... Meeting spot will be the Timmy's on Terminal (by the greyhound and skytrain) at 8:30 a.m.

Bike
    THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCHES
    Just a reminder ... 830 timmys, probably 9 at Holeshot for anyone else wanting to tag along .... and this is the only way to get in for half price! A mere $5! AND I take your pic on the track!

Bike
    BMW F650GS DAKAR
    Sooooo..... What if a DL650 and DR650 wanted to go play? What are the restrictions and requirements? I can't let Chia be the only one with a pic of a V-Strom on the track.
    I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here.
    http://www.youtube.com/davidhowellca

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2009 Kawasaki 600
    Weather permitimg I will be at hole shot at 9 am.

Bike
    THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCHES
    Quote Originally Posted by taoofdavid View Post
    I can't let Chia be the only one with a pic of a V-Strom on the track.
    If he can get on the track with that plywood camera mount contraption he had last year, there can't be many restrictions ... lol
    Seriously though, I don't think there's any restrictions for the TOR. As long as your bike is in good shape, they let you on ...

Bike
    BMW F650GS DAKAR
    Quote Originally Posted by T-rex View Post
    If he can get on the track with that plywood camera mount contraption he had last year, there can't be many restrictions ... lol
    Seriously though, I don't think there's any restrictions for the TOR. As long as your bike is in good shape, they let you on ...
    Awesome! JcGirl and I will see ya at Holeshot at 9 tomorrow morning!
    I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here.
    http://www.youtube.com/davidhowellca

Registered User Array Earth Rider's Avatar
    Bike
    Earth Rider
    How much is it to ride on the track. Is it only at lunch time.

Bike
    THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCHES
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth Rider View Post
    How much is it to ride on the track. Is it only at lunch time.
    yep. In the past, it's been $30. Register at the tech booth, meet back there 20 mins before the lunch break for a brief chat and to be split into groups, then it's out on to the track during the lunch break.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    are you going to be taking number 1 to holeshot? if weather is not shitty, i'll chill at the Canada Way (not willington) entrance around 845ish... if not shitty.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Bike
    THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCHES
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    are you going to be taking number 1 to holeshot? if weather is not shitty, i'll chill at the Canada Way (not willington) entrance around 845ish... if not shitty.
    Yep ... straight up the highway. I'll keep an eye out for you ... the gixxer, right?

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Yep. Old ass gixxer.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Bike
    THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCHES
    Gotcha. THat's exit 28, right? If I miss it, keep an eye out for the black triple...