Submitting A Drivers License Suspension dispute letter.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Submitting A Drivers License Suspension dispute letter.

Bike
    2006 CBR 600RR

Submitting A Drivers License Suspension dispute letter.

So i received a nice little letter in the mail saying im going to lose my license for a few months, I can dispute this through the mail, via a letter... and submit 100 bucks (seems like a cash grab)

Just wondering if anyone has done this and kept there license? If so what valid points did you make? What things should or shouldnt i say in my letter? any help would be fantastic, I really dont know where to start on this, and i really dont know what to say. I cannot afford to loose my license at this point in my life.

thanks for any and all advice.
    An awkward morning beats a boring night at home.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    n/a
    What are your infractions?

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    You might need to change the wording a bit, but this is the one I sent in... worked for me!: got to keep my license after all!

Dear Super Intendant of Motor Vehicles;

Bahlasti! Ompehda! I spit on your crapulous creeds!
    May disease and pestilence fall upon your house,
    May the wombs of your wives overflow with insects and filth,
    May your daughters be raped by ravenous dogs!
    May your sons be castrated and turned to effeminate eunuchs,
    And may your testicles wither and turn to dust!
    So that thy name and blood are forever banished from the aeons,
    I curse you, I curse you, I curse you!

...Kindly feast upon the rot of a dead man's asshole!

P.S, can I pretty please have my license back early?!
    Last edited by DNAspark99; 05-17-2011 at 01:44 AM.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    2007 R6
    You are basically screwed. A friend of mine went through a similar ordeal, too many speeding tickets in too short period of time. He wrote a letter appealing it and they reduced it to 3 months. His legal counsel advised him that was pretty much as good as it gets and that spending money on fighting it with likely be for naught. Good luck.

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    I assume your paperwork has this detailed, but just in case:

I received a prohibition letter. What do I do?

If you receive a Notice of Intent Letter, you have two options:

Sign and date the letter as indicated and surrender the driver's licence to start the prohibition immediately. Return the letter by mail or take it to a driver licensing office.

You can make a written submission within 21 days of receiving the notice by requesting a review of the prohibition decision. Mail it to:

Reviewing Officer, ICBC
    PO box 3750,
    Victoria, BC V8W 3Y5

If you receive a Notice of Prohibition Letter, you must stop driving immediately. Sign and date the letter as indicated and surrender your licence by mail or take it to a driver licensing office. You can submit a review of the prohibition to:

Reviewing Officer, ICBC
    PO box 3750,
    Victoria, BC V8W 3Y5

Please note: You cannot drive during any part of your prohibition. Driving could result in being charged with Driving While Prohibited, which is an offence under the Criminal Code of Canada. Your vehicle will also be impounded for 60 days.
    And then there's this:

http://www.icbc.com/csDelPrd/Satelli...#1225925769875

How much will it cost to get my licence back?

Getting another driver’s licence will cost $281 ($250 reinstatement fee plus $31 for a two-year driver's licence). Depending on your prohibition, you also may also be subject to administrative fees.

All outstanding fines and debts to ICBC and the province must be paid in full. Also, if you have been prohibited for more than three years, you will need to be re-tested.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    You might need to change the wording a bit, but this is the one I sent in... worked for me!: got to keep my license after all!
    You sir, are badly cracked, and hilarious.

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by circa_bc View Post
    So i received a nice little letter in the mail saying im going to lose my license for a few months, I can dispute this through the mail, via a letter... and submit 100 bucks (seems like a cash grab)

Just wondering if anyone has done this and kept there license? If so what valid points did you make? What things should or shouldnt i say in my letter? any help would be fantastic, I really dont know where to start on this, and i really dont know what to say. I cannot afford to loose my license at this point in my life.

thanks for any and all advice.
    Well, you can always try. Remember that there is a person at the other ned of your petition, so be respectful and factual and try to make valid points, and maybe you'll get a sympathetic soul at the other end.

But really, why shouldn't they suspend your driver's privileges?

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Some other info - http://www.cba.org/bc/public_media/automobiles/192.aspx

This looks like it may be the application you need, says $50, I may be wrong though:

http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/osmv/publi...unlicensed.pdf

Also:

http://www.dykstralaw.com/practice_a...and-surrey.cfm

BC Driving Prohibition and 24 Hour Licence Suspension Lawyers
    Lawyers Serving Greater Vancouver, Abbotsford, Surrey, and all of BC.

Did you recieve notice from the BC Superintendent of Motor Vehicles stating you have a driving prohibition effective in 21 days? How about a 24 hour prohibition?

If so, you have 7 days from the date you received your notice to request a review.

24 hour prohibitions and 90 day driving prohibitions can have serious consequences.
    The consequences of a 24 hour prohibition in BC are:

several points on your driving recor;d
    difficulty getting certain jobs or keeping your job; and
    three 24-hour prohbitions within 5 years results in you being required to attend the Responsible Driver Program and have an ignitioin interlock system installed at your expense on your vehicle. This is a very expensive.

The best result is to have any 24 hour prohibition on you BC drivers licence removed so you aren't vulnerable to these difficult consequences.
    The consequences of a 90 day driving prohibition in BC are:

no driving for 90 days;
    if you are caught driving during this time, you will be charged with the criminal offence that could result in fines and/or jail;
    lose your job or result you great expense hiring drivers;
    90 day driving prohibition is added to your driving record;
    2 or more driving prohibitions in 5 years in you being required to attend the Responsible Driver Program and have an ignitioin interlock system installed at your expense on your vehicle; and
    time, paperwork, and fees to obtain a new licence when your 90 day driving prohibition is complete.

Again the best result is to successfully have your 90 day driving prohibition set aside by the BC Superintendent of Motor Vehicles.
    driving prohibition defences and the process for winning a review.

If you successfully appeal your driving prohibition, you will not be subect the above consequences.

Putting together your best defence of a BC driving prohibition requires analyzing the police documents and evidence that resulted in the BC Superintendent of Motor Vehicles to issue your driving prohition. The lawyers at Dykstra & Company are criminal defence lawyers experienced at obtaining and analyzing evidence, including police documents and building a defence case.

It is very important that you file your application for review within 7 days of receiving any notice about a 24 hour prohibition or 90 day driving prohibition or any other prohibition. Do not wait until it's too late! You must file your application for review at a BC drivers licence outlet.

If you apply for a review beyond 7 days, you can ask for an extension. We can help with these requests as well. However, if you're able, file your applicatoin for review within 7 days from receiving your notice.

Ideally, you will talk to us before you apply for a review. However, if you filed your application for review already (it's better you file it within 7days than wait to speak with us) you can then hire us to prepare the actual review documents and build your review case. This is where we obtain and analyze your evidence and then build your defence.

The criminal defence lawyers at Dykstra & Company have the experience and know the evidence necessary to successfully have a driving prohibition set aside. Each case is unique, and therefore each case must be assessed on its own by a criminal defence lawyer familiar with the Motor Vehicle Act, reviewing police reports, and building defences to traffic offences including driving prohibitions in BC.
    What does it cost to hire us to prepare your driving prohibiton review?

The cost to hire us will depend on a number of factor such as what stage of the review process you are at, whether your review is by written submissions or oral hearing, and the amount of evidence involved.

In many cases, the cost of losing a drivers licence is very high, both financial and in the hardship it causes in your and your family's life. Find out if you have a case to get rid of your driving prohibition today by calling us or filling out the contact form to the right of this page.

We charge $250 for an initial consultation with a criminal defence lawyer to discuss your case. There is no obligation to hire us. Learn your options before it's too late. All consultations are in our Abbotsford office or via telephone.

Call us toll free at 1.877.753.4793 to discuss your driving prohibition review with the lawyers at Dykstra & Company today.
    Last edited by CHIA; 05-16-2011 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Not wearing pants. Array klutch's Avatar
    Bike
    Schwinn with tassles
    If you have a 3 month, you won't be able to have the suspension dropped.

There, I saved you a hundred bucks. And people say I'm not a nice guy...

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    The most recent examples of this on here that I recall are cbr125r rider... and westvandude... and IIRC, they might have had reduced suspensions. (?)

At any rate, you are going to likely be suspended for some period of time regardless. They don't care if you drive for a living and are the sole provider for a family. I've written an employer letter before in regards to one of these, and the guy was still suspended even though it meant his employment would likely be in doubt if he couldn't drive anymore.

The whole point of it is for you to realize how important your license is, and encourage you to follow the rules of the road so you don't face the hardship again.

Most folks figure out a way to deal with it... some I'm sure by disregarding it and driving while suspended, which is a silly idea if you have an accident. You have no insurance and it's a serious matter.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

'Busa girls, God love 'em Array Argyle's Avatar
    Bike
    06 'Busa
    You can get it taken down to 1 month stating you will lose your job if you lose your license. I also asked if it's possible to lose just my motorcycle license because that's why got me in trouble in the first place.

They took it for a month, mind you this was back in my early 20's that was when i packed my bike in and traded a guy for a boat. Just as fun and no tickets

Bike
    N/A
    Driving is a PRIVILEGE not a right. You fucked up and got caught, so deal with it.

Registered User Array Elder_MMHS's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 Suzuki GS500F
    I helped a friend write a successful appeal a couple years ago. In her case, I believe it was something along the lines of a couple minimum fine speeding tickets over the course of almost five years while she had her 'N' which triggered a 90-day suspension notice. She was planning to take her Class 5 road test within a couple weeks before receiving the notice as well. Accepting the suspension would have meant having her license expire and restarting the 24-month GLP process again. Me, her and another friend put on our thinking caps and got writing.

It is very circumstance-dependent. Not sure if you'd want to explain your situation here.
    Victor Chow (Elder_MMHS)

Above the 49th Parallel and completely beyond Hope
    Bike
    Shuttleworth Snap
    Quote Originally Posted by circa_bc View Post
    I cannot afford to loose my license at this point in my life.
    First - what did you do to get into this position?
    Second - If what you did justifies a prohibition, then why should you be let off? Simply saying "I cannot afford to loose my license" could mean nothing more than a whiney grovel.
    Even if I had the answer to your dilemma, I'd be reluctant to offer any advice without knowing why you deserve leniency.

So... why do you deserve leniency?
    STFU = Acronym used by an internet forum poster without the ability to formulate an intelligent argument or response. [See “dullard”]

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyjacK View Post
    Driving is a PRIVILEGE not a right. You fucked up and got caught, so deal with it.
    Breathing air is a privilege if you pay taxes....if not you're just an oxygen thief!