Former Hooligan Array
    Bike
    Litespeed
    Repost.

Bike
    2012 CB1000RA
    Quote Originally Posted by foggy View Post
    Repost.
    yah, but I missed it first time... VERY funny! tks for the (re)post...

Back in the saddle, baby Array bc-lefty's Avatar
    Bike
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Screaming spiders!!
    Where do I find the intake snackle??

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

Bike
    2003 fz-1
    Points to add

Grown men turn into fashionistas,we have to have multiple riding boots, jackets, gloves, pants, and eventually motorcycles, just to be comfortable and truly enjoy the experience.

Getting lost is the point, the most direct route is rarely taken especially after work.

Life's essentials are reduced to locations for Starbucks, Tim Hortons and good burgers.

The grin plastered on your face at the end of a day of riding is only truly appreciated by other riders and everyone else see's a exhausted, stinky, worn out old man.
    What you are We once were---What we are You will be, Voices of the dead.

Back in the saddle Array canuckerstone's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja ZX7R
    Quote Originally Posted by FZrrr View Post
    The grin plastered on your face at the end of a day of riding is only truly appreciated by other riders and everyone else see's a exhausted, stinky, worn out old man.
    Lol. I like to call that Eau de motocyclette. It brings in da ladies.
    '02 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R

They're professionals when it comes to emptying a pocket book so if you decide to go that route remember that you are not paying them to be with you.

You're paying them to leave.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Agree with it, and love it.

But I use to have a few spiders who made my gsxr home over the non-riding days even in my garage. Gear up, and proceed with the 100km/h eviction proceedings.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Quote Originally Posted by FZrrr View Post
    Points to add

Grown men turn into fashionistas,we have to have multiple riding boots, jackets, gloves, pants, and eventually motorcycles, just to be comfortable and truly enjoy the experience.
    at one point i had more options for riding gear than i had for normal clothes... is that bad?
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Not wearing pants. Array klutch's Avatar
    Bike
    Schwinn with tassles
    2) If you do manage to see an oncoming bike with enough time to get an appropriate wave up, you better make sure it isn't a scooter. Unwritten bike rules make it a crime punishable by exile or death to wave at a scooter. And damn if it isn't hard to tell when you two are approaching each other at a combined 100 mph. If you do catch yourself mid-wave to a Vespa, however, it is acceptable to slowly turn it into an upraised middle finger. It's like the handshake-psyche of the two-wheeled world, and the look of dejection on their face will redeem any momentary awkwardness.

Beautiful.

Has no use for liars! Array suzi-bug's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 Triumph Street Triple 675
    hahaha funny, but I ride a vespa also and nothing bugs me more then another motorider that refuses to wave at me! I always think " oh come, are we not all having fun on 2 wheels?" Where is the love people? Lol! Oh and just so were clear...my Vespa is pink too!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by suzi-bug View Post
    hahaha funny, but I ride a vespa also and nothing bugs me more then another motorider that refuses to wave at me! I always think " oh come, are we not all having fun on 2 wheels?" Where is the love people? Lol! Oh and just so were clear...my Vespa is pink too!
    GTFO

Bike
    BMW F650GS DAKAR
    Being a former scooter rider, I wave a scooter riders. I like to see them wobble when they take their hand off the grip to wave back
    I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here.
    http://www.youtube.com/davidhowellca

Bike
    2003 fz-1
    Most scooter riders I see give me the impression they are totally focused on keeping it upright, sort of a tense deathgrip, a stoic game face and military precice hand signals.
    I don't want to break their concentration otherwise i'd wave.

Those tri-color helmets from british italian motorsports complete with goggles are cute, in a bubble head bug eyed sort of way. Not my style but cute.

Last year downtown in afternoon rush hour traffic their was a petite girl on a scooter and cars were splitting her lane to pass her so I parked myself on her left hip to make people give her room.
    Me in full gear with armor for a day on Duffey, her in short shorts and bikini and a half helmet. I was sweating my bag off but her look was priceless when she noticed people were going around her and why.

Max you know it's hopeless when you start collecting more bikes. A selection of gear is just being prudent in regards to your safety.
    What you are We once were---What we are You will be, Voices of the dead.

Eschew obfuscation Array Mollygrubber's Avatar
    Shorter of breath, one day closer to death.
    Bike
    2010 BMW F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by taoofdavid View Post
    Being a former scooter rider, I wave a scooter riders. I like to see them wobble when they take their hand off the grip to wave back
    Hell, I wave at them because they have bigger balls (don't feel left out, ladies - you have metaphorical balls) than most "real" motorcyclists. Why?

1) They're usually so gutless you lose the main "get out of trouble" feature of a bike - the ability to warp drive out of the way with a twist of the wrist.

2) The brakes. OMFG, the brakes.

3) The wheels are so damn small - potholes become a serious threat when they're bigger than your hoops.

4) Scooter riding dudes have to be REAL confident about their sexuality. Anybody who can ride one deserves a wave as far as I'm concerned.

5) They're more at risk than "we" are IMO. Just that fact alone makes them wave-worthy.

Come on, wave to your two wheeled brethren. But not to those HD fuckers. I hate those guys.

Bike
    BMW F650GS DAKAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollygrubber View Post

Come on, wave to your two wheeled brethren. But not to those HD fuckers. I hate those guys.
    Sadly, I've had move waves from HD riders than sport bikes here on the mainland. Then again, I ride a V-Strom.
    I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here.
    http://www.youtube.com/davidhowellca