Dyna Beads

Thread: Dyna Beads

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX

Dyna Beads

Are you lads using Dyna Beads when installing new tires? How new are they? I better check my wheels for weights. Will the dealer ask you if that's what you want or do you buy them and then tell them to use them? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    I had them installed on one bike out of curiosity and they worked quite well. If I remember correctly, the tech simply just 'installed' them through the valve stem by means of gravity--he poured them inside the seated tire, filled it with air and off you went.

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    I've used them in the past, seemed to work fine, which is to say, I has no problems, unnoticeable when in use.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Back in the saddle, baby Array bc-lefty's Avatar
    Bike
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    I switched to Ride-on, as dynabeads didnt work as well at impound-worthy speeds. Plus, Ride-on seals leaks and punctures.
    Where do I find the intake snackle??

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

Riding the XB12Scg Array QuietStorm..'s Avatar
    Bike
    2005 Buell lightning XB12Scg
    I'm currently on dyna beads and I like em !! can't really tell much of the difference !! I was just happy to get rid of those ugly wheel weights !! my next step would most likely be the Ride-on.. I do believe EMS carries both and will install it for you for a reasonable price !!
    Riding on god's good humor..

Rumble... V-Twin... Rumble... brap.. brap.. brap... brap...

Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    What's "Ride-on"? How much are the beads locally?

Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Used them in the past when running a car tire on my cruiser..... I found they made it slow.....

Bike
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Ride on is a liquid sealant instead of solid beads, but performs the same function.

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    Interesting. Which would you choose if you chose either?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    04 gsxr 600 race
    At Motorcycleworld, we used to sell the dyna beads. They do exactly what they are suposed to do. They get rid of the wheel weights and they actully work very well. But, they are not that pleasant of a product to work with. Most of the time, you dont get all of them in the tire as you should and if you have to take the tire off for any reason, new tire or to patch a puncture, they go everywhere.
    We started selling the Ride On a while ago now. It too is a bit of a pain to put in ( i do not recomend getting the bottle and installing it yourself. Same price for a tech to do it for you). Its kinda like changing a diaper. stinks, kinda sticky and gooey and has the same consistancy. haha.
    All I can say about the stuff is it works like a hot damn. We had 2 customers come in on Saturday, that we installed the product in, with nails in the tires. pulled them out, thats it. no plug, no dismounting nothing.
    I rode a bike out to the valley a few nights ago that we installed it in. no wheel weights, no balancing. couldnt feel any vibration.
    I have no long term testing on it but honestly, not trying to sell it, I recomend it. it works great. piece of mind if your taking a road trip over the summer. not that expensive ( between $20-$30 per tire depending on the amount you have to put in).
    Just my thoughts.

Bike
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBird View Post
    Interesting. Which would you choose if you chose either?
    Definitely Ride-on. Smoother, easier to deal with, and it seals small leaks and punctures. In my very non-scientific comparison, it's also more effective at, ahem, freeway speeds.

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

Old Dirty Bastard Array masonjarz's Avatar
    Bike
    Looking for the next one
    Ted installed Dyna Beads with my tires and I have no complaints. I do, however, like how much better my rims look without weights.