Heading out on a day ride today? Cool?
Started thinking about what to wear and bring with you an hour before you need to leave? Not so cool.
Here's what should be in your wallet:
- Driver's License
- Credit Card
- Debit Card (believe it or not some gas stations in the US do not take credit, cash and debit only)
- US Cash (kind of a shame to use a credit card just for a bag of chips and a red bull)
- BC Care Card
- Travel Insurance (it's cheap, buy some)
- BCAA Card (or some other auto club type membership that will tow you and your bike home)
- Some card or note that reads "In case of emergency, please contact....."
The last one is pretty important, don't take it lightly.
Don't forget your passport. Also a good idea to exchange cell phone #'s with a few of the riders just in case you get lost.