Isle of Man TT

Thread: Isle of Man TT

Back in the saddle Array canuckerstone's Avatar
    Ninja ZX7R

Isle of Man TT

Anyone ever been? Any tips/reco's for places to stay, when to show up, what to see?

I'm thinking of going next year.
    '02 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R

They're professionals when it comes to emptying a pocket book so if you decide to go that route remember that you are not paying them to be with you.

You're paying them to leave.

Van Is
    Yep. Try one of the hotels/boarding houses on the Loch Prominade in Douglas if you can. Bring a bike if you can or at least rent one for the time you are there. Get ready for the best racing you will ever see and make sure you do some safe laps of the closed course on mad Sunday. Locals will tell you the best vantage places tgo watch the races but with 37 3/4 miles of track, there are lots to choose from. Take in all of the events you can, bring a camera, see the TT Museum at the Bungalow up the mountain, get ready to live with about 80,000 other bikers in a country about 1/3 the size of PEI, see the castle in Castletown. It's a blast. If you have time take a tour of the Island on non race days and get there at least a week before the races start so you can scope things out for viewing choices and the incredible scenery. It'ss like the entire British Isles in miniature. link
    Last edited by Bison; 06-22-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Bad Motherfucker Array thebronze's Avatar
    On Yer Wife/GF/Mom
    Rocky Mountain, 1986 Livingroom (Aspencade)
    +1... Been there done that 3 times.... Great trip, Bring lotsa $$$ as it is pricey during TT
    Anything You Can Do...... I Can Do Drunker
    "Growin up leads to growin old and then to dying...... And dying to Me don't sound like all that much fun"