HID Projector Mod

Thread: HID Projector Mod

Langley, British Columbia
    1997 Yamaha YZF 750R

HID Projector Mod

Hey guys,

I have a '97 YZF 750 and am wanting to install HID Projector's. I initially went out and purchased an HID kit but after hearing how unfocused the beam is and how distracting it can be to other motorists, I am going to go with the projector's.

My questions:

1. Does anyone know of a reputable, high quality brand?
    2. I don't think there are many kits around for a '97 YZF 750 but I have seen several for R6's and R1's. Does anyone know if there is a more modern bike kit available that would work for my YZF? If not, is it just a simple matter of using different connector's?

I can't think of any other questions right now, but if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free. I actually have one extra head light set up so I am just going to completely modify it and install the projector's.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

George Orwell

2. Remove Advertisements

Accelerus Maximus Array RubHerDown's Avatar
    La La Land
    70 CT 70
    If you look hard enough ( ) you see an
    HID thread, on the same page as yours
    in the fist page of the Bike Tech & Mods

Most sides of the story had their kick at
    things in that thread.

Best of luck with the conversion

Live each day like it is your last,
    like you will never get another chance...

One day it will be, and you will not.

Steveston Village
    Triumph Thruxton
    ^^^what he said

The projectors need a bit of room to fit, seems to be two generic made in china types, one with the halo and one without, but they are the same length and pretty much the smallest universal fit projectors you can get, just need to get the same bulb types
    Buying something on Amazon, use my affiliate links to support my motorcycle racing. Every little bit counts. WMRC 250 Class FTW - #702, MUCHO GRACIAS!

WTB: PW50 Bike for my kids

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    3rd rock from the sun. po co.
    bunch "o" bikes
    I was at a place that sells HID kits in Crystal Mall. The projectors he showed me had a crisp cut off with HID bulbs in it. I bought a kit and they work just fine in my truck. Same pattern with the same cut off as stock. Only difference is it is crazy brighter than stock and lights up more of the sides. BTW it is the newer single bulb HID kit with high beam.
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!