by de-gassing the brake fluid before you put it in the system you'll end up with a much fimer lever and better brakes. you don't need much, just a large syringe like the kind you get at the vet for rover's meds, some tubing, and a decently strong clamp to pinch the tubing tight.
1. put the tubing on the syringe, make sure it's a tight fit
2. draw the brake fluid in, about 2/3rds to 3/4ths full
3. put the clamp on the tubing
4. pull up on the syringe and magically watch a ton of air bubbles appear in the fluid
5. tap the syringe to get the air to the top.
6. repeat maybe 3 or 4 times or until you notice you can't draw a significant amount of air out. the first couple pulls will yeild the most air.
7. fill the system with the de-gassed fluid and have fun with the best feeling brakes you've experienced with your stock/current set-up.
the key to making this work is a syringe with a good seal and tight connections between the tube/syringe and the clamp/tube.