who's unemployed?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: who's unemployed?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    01 f4i

Thumbs down who's unemployed?

who had been laid off and cant find a job!

i was in telecomm, no need for explanations there. i also know quite a few other people that have been recently laid off cause of the cutbacks.

im gonna have to find a new field, damn it!

Bike
    XR650R Sumo
    Me as of 4/30/03. I'm a CGA. This job hunt thing sucks! Thanks Enron.
    Last edited by orbit; 03-30-2003 at 03:24 PM.

dknite
    Yeah i just got the pink slip a couple weeks ago. Was working for a diesel performance company that derives 95% of its business from the states. With all this war crap and the overall state of the U.S. economy our business went into the shitter, so myself as well as a few others get a 6 month paid holiday Aww well more time to ride

Rosco
    I was laid off months ago and recently missed out on a good job opportunity but will hopefully be back with the railroad in three weeks or so.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Wow, congrats orbit! I mean on the designation, not on the unemployededness.

I'm sort of unemployed right now too. The position I was covering was for a lady that was on maternity leave...she came back, and now I'm looking for work. I'm still employed by them, just don't have an office in which to park my ass....but seeing as they're the largest company in Canada, I'm hopeful that I should be able to find something.

But I'm also a full-time student...so I don't think I'm allowed to consider myself unemployed.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Bike
    2005 GSX-R600 - Orca Bay Suzuki

Re: who's unemployed?

Originally posted by r-0-b
    who had been laid off and cant find a job!

i was in telecomm, no need for explanations there. i also know quite a few other people that have been recently laid off cause of the cutbacks.

im gonna have to find a new field, damn it!
    What company did ya work for? Also what position did you hold? And what are you looking to get into? I am working for Bell Canada right now and I know lots of awesome head hunters in Vancouver.

Bike

Re: Re: who's unemployed?

Originally posted by C-YA
    What company did ya work for? Also what position did you hold? And what are you looking to get into? I am working for Bell Canada right now and I know lots of awesome head hunters in Vancouver.
    I'm also in telecomm. C-YA, I wouldn't mind some head hunters hunting me down for a job!!! Can ya hook us up with some contacts
    Rage. Its my drug of choice.

Haze
    seeing how i'm being such an asshole at work, i'll probably been unemployed soon.

Bike
    tiz Red.
    lol @ Haze.
    BCSB- Moderator
    Spink.ca

Bike
    none, till the boys are older
    They can't lay me off here.
    I keep the firm running smoothly. I'm the one that stocks the beer fridge.
    ...oh yah I am good at the drawing & design stuff too. But I think thats minor.
    "...than I'll be done and we can dance.."

doug

Re: Re: who's unemployed?

hmm.. bell hiring any installers? and no, not satellites

i am thinking i need out of this side of IT and go back to cabling and fiber installations.

Phingersniffer
    Hotwheels. The favorite architects joke is ..............

Whats the difference between an architect and a large pizza?

A pizza can feed a family of four!

Just Another Enthusiast Array vrecksler's Avatar
    Bike
    Naked SV
    The job market plain SUCKS! I am a coop student at UBC and almost no one has been able to land a job because the competition is so fierce. I sure hope things are better when it is time for me to graduate...

B-r-a-d-l-e-y...Why? Because I'm Bradley!

Email

Registered User Array
    Bike
    01 f4i
    i was a contract switch/field tech for a wireless company in the US. i would love to be a tech again but im pretty sure i wont be able to find a position anytime soon in the lower mainland. my brain is losing a lot of what it knew from lack of use, but i can pick it up again really quick. i didnt know bell is out this way, most of their stuff is run from the east isnt it?

hmmm, head hunters eh?

Member #827 Array CrotchRocketeer's Avatar
    Bike
    10R
    Yup, unemployed. @ 17 with a car + bike it's gotten stupid, I'm falt broke now. And I've only been without a job for 3 weeks :

I'll be my own boss soon enough however, making enough a month to pay a years worth of insurance