Rider Down
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rider Down

Bike
    2003 R6

Rider Down

Headed home from a great riding day up in Whistler and near the Horse Shoe Bay terminal traffic was backed up heavily, Inched closer and saw it was a rider Red Cbr 600, looked as if he hit the median or something, my paramedic buddy made she he was stable until the red's and blues showed.

Be safe out there guys It's are only decent weather it seems but slow down and be careful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Fuh-coffee we will go Array carbonfibrerocket's Avatar
    Bike
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    That sucks. I was just there at around 6 nothing had happened yet.

Glad it's not one of those threads we all dread. Get well soon cbr rider
    Last edited by carbonfibrerocket; 07-24-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Big shitty balls of shit, that's a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    hope they are ok
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Registered User Array
    Bike
    sportbike
    I just got back from there, looked like a 2000 red F4i. From what I saw it didnt look damaged at all though, and it was being lifted on a tow truck with a cop car nearby. No debree or ambulance to be seen. Seemed to me maybe like an excessive speeding rider getting his ride towed. Road wasnt blocked, just one lane, and it was through a corner (and everyone was looking) so it was super backed up.

Registered User Array honda_man's Avatar
    Bike
    2003 Honda CBR 600RR
    I was riding back from Squamish today and saw the rider earlier in Squamish. It was the red F4i. I'm glad to hear he was stable, I saw the cops holding up the white sheet which usually means something a lot worse.
    On a side note, great ride up to Squamish, horrible ride back. Traffic was backed up from Britannia Beach to Shannon Falls due to the one traffic light in BB. Great highway design....

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_man View Post
    , horrible ride back. Traffic was backed up from Britannia Beach to Shannon Falls due to the one traffic light in BB. Great highway design....
    Welcome to the lower mainland ... the land where 'they' "stuff" more and more residents into smaller and smaller residences, without creating more roadways, recreational spaces or parking facilities at those recreation spots (ever seen Marine Drive by Spanish Banks on a sunny Sunday?)

Is it winter yet ? Array SidewaysInto3rd's Avatar
    Bike
    93 Kat 750
    I was definitely stuck in that traffic too .. Had a blast riding up in whistler today (riding my 2 stroke on the snow, that is)

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    so that's why it was a parking lot at one point.

Why in the world would they stop it completely if the guy's alright?
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Experienced bra fitter Array DocTaimoor's Avatar
    Bike
    ZX6R 636
    There was hardly any traffic at around 10 going to squamish. Coming back at around 11:30 was also good, no cops to be seen. I took the marine rd from horse shoe bay to get my sharp cornering fix and it was fantastic.

Bike
    2003 fz-1
    At 11m there was a sport motorcycle smashed all to hell half way down TaylorWay, just police and tow truck at the scene when I passed by.
    What you are We once were---What we are You will be, Voices of the dead.

Registered User Array blackbird0758's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 honda cbr600rr
    i hit the same seen ! guy on red f4i was lying in the left lane and thats why traffic was stopped... no paramedics or emt's on seen but a bystander ( from what i saw) was doin a great job of stabilizing the downed rider with assistance from others ... hats off to the guy who took charge on the scene. Was told that the rider was rearended by a car and i also saw the damage to the rear section of the bike about a foot of the tail section was broken, doesnt look too bad but who knows how far the rider went after and what he went into ?? i approached the rider while they "bystander" was assessing his extremities and did a little assessment of my own. he seemed hurt but in stable condition and in shock by the looks of his breathing pattern.. anyways.. i hope rider is doing well and wish him a speedy recovery! ( not trying to be a jerk but wear a little more gear when riding the sea to sky, its fast and dangerous so be safe)

Bike
    ZX6R 636
    I thought sea to sky was child's play, but since i'm a new rider and my opinion has been biased by the Mission back roads ride, i have a different take on dangerous.

But please do wear full protective gear anytime you plan on doing some spirited riding.
    Last edited by DocTaimoor; 07-25-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by DocTaimoor View Post
    I thought sea to sky was child's play, but i'm new and dangerous.
    A little play on your post (by simply removing a few words and letters), however ... based on many of your posts in this past while, I'd give you a high propensity for smashing yourself up soon.

Street riding is not a game, nor is it a competition. If you make it those, you are a danger to yourself and to others.

Good luck.

Bike
    2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
    First of all, there's no such thing as child's play about being on 2 wheels on the road. Not even for a scooter. You need to change that mentality if you plan to ride until old age. I hope the rider's ok. It's so easy to get carried away and get in over your heads. At time's I've done so myself. I've been lucky so far but it won't last long. It's best to take it to the track where you can safely push your limits.
    Ride safe folks!

Bike
    ZX6R 636
    Quote Originally Posted by K-rod View Post
    A little play on your post (by simply removing a few words and letters), however ... based on many of your posts in this past while, I'd give you a high propensity for smashing yourself up soon.

Street riding is not a game, nor is it a competition. If you make it those, you are a danger to yourself and to others.

Good luck.
    I don't speed and try to be safe than sorry at all times so i don't know why you would make the assumption that i ride dangerously or will be crashing soon?? I don't remember in any of my posts that i condone speeding or said that i speed or ride dangerously. The only time i mention speed was when i was talking about the mission ride and what the pack was riding at.

All i meant by my previous post on this thread was that compared to the roads in mission, sea to sky is a pretty straight forward piece of road if ridden on at a safe reasonable speed. Its not the road thats dangerous, its the speed that some people ride there at. So yea that road is not something you should ride only if you are an experience rider as long as you don't speed more than what you can handle.