BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Monday Aug 1st - Ride to Mission for the WMRC raceday....

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  way 
#1 ·
Gonna go watch (if it's a nice day and not pouring rain)...
Can make this a bit of a backroads guided tour as well....
If you are interested let me know and I'll put a ride together....
Tentatively leave Maple Ridge 9:00...
One hour touring thru the Mission backroads...
Off to the track to watch the racing!

#8 ·
Okay, nice to see a bit of interest.
Meet spot will be the usual PetroCan - 7/11 at the East end of the Haney Bypass. If you are coming from Coquitlam direction, don't take the bypass, continue straight thru Maple Ridge, thru town and at the bottom of the long hill on the right hand side is the spot.

Coming from Mission area, take the bypass and then turn right into the station.
Buellguy, it's easy to find, hop over the Golden Ears bridge and shoot straight thu Maple Ridge....
On a Google map, it's the intersection of Lougheed, the Haney Bypass and Kanaka Way....
As long as you're there with enough time to top off your tank and be ready to leave by 9 it'll be okay!

#16 ·
Okay, nice to see a bit of interest.
Meet spot will be the usual PetroCan - 7/11 at the East end of the Haney Bypass. If you are coming from Coquitlam direction, don't take the bypass, continue straight thru Maple Ridge, thru town and at the bottom of the long hill on the right hand side is the spot.

Coming from Mission area, take the bypass and then turn right into the station.
Buellguy, it's easy to find, hop over the Golden Ears bridge and shoot straight thu Maple Ridge....
On a Google map, it's the intersection of Lougheed, the Haney Bypass and Kanaka Way....
As long as you're there with enough time to top off your tank and be ready to leave by 9 it'll be okay!
Hey man. I'm going but I might be a little late. I"m coming with Way. So were leaving Surrey at 820. If we make it and your there then no worries but if not then well see you there but either way were still going to the destination point for sure. I'll email you my #.

#17 ·
Thank you to the six other riders that accompanied me and my wife to the track.
The backroads were, as usual, exquisite! Cool and sunny, dry and clean. Oh yeah, no police at all......a usual situation for the roads I travel.
The races were fun to watch, the taste of Racing at noon was really full, maybe 20 bikes or so....
The track walk was a blast, they had 4 racers on their bikes riding along the track while we were walking, so we could see first hand the speeds and the leans and the lines they used. A really nice way of learning about the track. (Again, thanks to bernie Ryan for the running commentary and to WMRC for the opportunity.)
The races went well, very few crashes, lots of competetion and lotsa friendly faces in the pit area.
I hope everybody here on BCSB gets out to at least one race day this season, experience a new way of riding!

#18 ·
Thanks for the ride Rob . on the way back we went Dewdny over stave. just west of the dam we headed around a corner and my back tire started to drift out from under me , scared the hell outta me . i got my bike settled and looked down and there was heavy black wet mark along the road . came around the next corner and there was a or so rt dodge charger with oil pissing out of the motor and the black trail leading to the car. could have been worse but a great ride day for sure and a wicked learning experience drifting on fresh oil .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.